Are you looking for an orthopedics specialist or bone doctor in Germany, Austria or Switzerland? At PRIMO MEDICO you will exclusively find recognized and acknowledged orthopedic surgeons and centers. Inform yourself about the treatment spectrum of orthopedic specialists and the surgical possibilities.
- Specialists in the Field of Orthopedics
- Treatment Focus Orthopedics
- Informations About Orthopedics
- What is Orthopedics?
- Which Orthopedic Diseases are treated by Orthopedics or Orthopedic Clinics?
- Part Specializations in Orthopedics
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Aftercare
- Which German Orthopedic or Bone Doctor in Austria or Switzerland is a Specialist?
Specialists in the Field of Orthopedics
Treatment Focus Orthopedics
Informations About Orthopedics
What is Orthopedics?
Orthopedics is a medical discipline specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases or disorders of the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons, the so-called musculoskeletal support system. Orthopedics in Germany is an independent division in many hospitals, nevertheless, the training of orthopedists is a combined program including both, orthopedics and trauma surgery. Educational training as a orthopedist takes six years.
Which Orthopedic Diseases are treated by Orthopedics or Orthopedic Clinics?
Orthopedics was originally developed as a purely conservative field at the time of many living disabled folks due to Second World War. Today, orthopedic therapies range from merely conservative treatment methods to the surgical treatment of joints, muscles, tendons and bones. Specializing in the treatment and operation of individual body parts such as the foot, shoulder, knee, hip and back is a trend in modern orthopedics and provides greater experience in each particular specialty.
Common Orthopedic Diseases are:
- Degenerative diseases like arthrosis (joint wear)
- Congenital and acquired deformities such as knock knees, bandy legs, scoliosis, joint or ligament injuries
- Inflammatory bones and joint diseases like bone necrosis, rheumatic diseases and bacterial inflammation
- Tumor diseases of bones and joints
- Sport injuries and traumas
Part Specializations in Orthopedics
Although orthopedic surgeons are responsible for the holistic treatment of the musculoskeletal system, specializations have become increasingly common in recent years. Orthopedic surgeons are increasingly devoting themselves to one or more areas of the body in order to perform excellently, to further perfect their experience and surgical techniques or to apply new treatment and surgical procedures.
The Following Medical Areas are Covered by Orthopedics:
- Endoprosthesis (specialist discipline for the insertion of artificial joints)
- Knee surgery (orthopedic doctor specializing in the knee)
- Shoulder and elbow surgery (shoulder and elbow specialists)
- Hip Surgery (hip specialists)
- Foot Surgery and Podiatry (orthopedist specializing in ankle and foot)
- Sport traumatology (specialists for sports injuries)
- Spinal Surgery
- Rheumatic Orthopedics
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Tumor Orthopedics
- Pain Therapy
Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Aftercare
In the field of orthopedics and trauma surgery, special attention is given to rehabilitation measures in combination with physiotherapy and orthopedic technicians (for example, make shoe inserts). This approach, in collaboration with the orthopedist during and after treatment, allows for the best possible recovery of the joint and musculoskeletal system functions.
Which German Orthopedic or Bone Doctor in Austria or Switzerland is a Specialist?
If a patient is in need of a doctor, he wants the best medical care. That is why he asks himself: “Where can I find the best possible orthopedic surgeon, orthopedist or orthopedic center?” Since this question cannot be answered objectively and a reputable doctor would never claim to be the best, patients can only rely on the physician´s expertise. The more treatments or surgeries a doctor has performed, the better of an expert he should be!
We help you to find an expert for your disease. All doctors and hospitals listed here have been reviewed by us for their outstanding specialization in the field of orthopedics and await your treatment request.
At PRIMO MEDICO, you will only find reputable medical authorities who were selected according to strict guidelines. Experience, innovative treatment techniques or reputation in science and research play an important role here.
Help with Your SearchWe will direct your request to the appropriate specialists
We are happy to assist you in choosing a specialist for your needs. The service of PRIMO MEDICO is always free, confidential and discreet for patients.