Information about Dr med. Markus Preis
- Hallux valgus, Hallux rigidus
- Toe deformities (such as: hammer and claw toes)
- Pes valgus / flat foot
- Heel pain, Achilles tendon complaints
- Arthrosis of the upper ankle joint, endoprosthetics of the upper ankle joint
- Rheumatic orthopaedics (hand and foot)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Physical examination (i.a. mobility, function, pain, gait)
- 4D measurement technique with gait analysis and foot pressure measurement (e.g., for precise insole treatment)
- Digital radiological accompanying examination (e.g., for the assessment of joint and bone structures)
- Sonographic Imaging
- DVT examination: digital volume tomography with cross-sectional imaging of 0.2mm, 5-fold lower radiation dose than with a conventional CT
- Laboratory investigations (e.g., inflammatory parameters, rheumatoid factors)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Hallux valgus: Shoe and insoles supply, operative care (e.g. soft tissue correction of the big toe, removal of the exostosis, axis correction of the bones, stiffening / Lapidus surgical procedure
- Hallux rigidus: insole supply, joint-preserving procedures cheilectomy, Moberg surgical procedure, arthrodesis (ankylosis), resection arthroplasty
- Toe deformities: e.g. splint therapy in the case of a hammer or a claw toe, insole supply, surgical procedures (e.g. bone or tendon pathologies)
- Skewed, sunken foot / flat foot: insole supply, physiotherapy, medicinal support, surgical correction of the longitudinal arch of the foot and the axial heel
- Achilles tendon injuries: depending on the severity of the injuries - protection, medication (inflammation inhibition), bandages, stretching, massage, ultrasound and shockwave treatment, physiotherapy, if necessary, a surgical intervention
- Arthrosis of the upper ankle: stage-adapted surgical techniques of joint-preserving adjustments and reconstruction of the axial heel, ankle prosthesis implantation, arthrodesis (stiffening)
Dr med. Markus Preis is a Specialist in Orthopaedics and co-owner and Leading Physician of the Joint Orthopaedic Practice at the HELIOS Aukamm-Klinik (Clinic). The treatment specialisations of Dr Preis encompass foot surgery, ankle joint endoprosthetics, as well as orthopaedic and rheumatic surgery on hand and foot.
Personal assistance from the hand of the specialist
The main focus of the orthopaedic practice is on the surgical sector, especially on foot and ankle surgery, with over 1,000 surgical interventions performed annually. Thereby, emphasis is laid on openness, information exchange and trust as the basis for a successful collaboration between the patient and the physician. HELIOS Aukamm-Klinik is a specialist hospital for orthopaedics and surgical rheumatology. Dr Preis and his colleagues place a great importance on patient-oriented work. Patient care is performed continuously without changing responsibilities, so that patients can be treated by one specialist from the very diagnosis, through therapy all the way to follow-up care.
In addition to the special field of foot surgery, Dr Preis and his colleagues have many years of experience in knee and hip endoprosthetics, as well as in arthroscopic interventions on the knee and shoulder joint. Paediatric orthopaedics, rheumatic surgery and hand surgery are also represented alongside pain therapy for the vertebral column.
Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics - surgical and conservative
The causes of pain in feet or ankles may be diverse. Therefore, patient-oriented, target-oriented and precise diagnostics are of crucial importance. In addition to the surgical sector, Dr Preis also practices chirotherapy, attending sportsmen from aficionados to professional athletes. The anatomical axes and the vertebral column are measured using the 4-dimensional measuring method. An individualised production of foot orthotic is made possible owing to the static and dynamic foot pressure distribution measurement. In order to optimise patient care, the patients are attended by a sports scientist who, as a former German top-ranking athlete in track and field athletics, knows exactly "where it hurts the most"! Thus, the patients can trustingly turn to Dr Preis, requesting his top advice and support in both conservative and surgical matters.
Get back to pain-free walking!
Every day over the course of our lifetime, our feet must carry us for innumerable steps. This great task leaves behind many traces - oftentimes due to badly fitting footwear. Thus, many complain about the sensation of heavy feet in the evenings, as well as of painful pressure points or deformed toes. All these complaints can be certainly alleviated with appropriate footwear with insoles properly adapted to your needs, and possibly also with further therapies. So, feel free to trustingly turn to our specialist - he will help you, making sure that hopefully very soon, you will regain your ability to start the day with a light-footed and pain-free sensation.
To view the website of Dr med. Markus Preis, click here.
Medical Studies in Frankfurt
Training as a specialist Physician in orthopaedics at the hospitals of St. Martin in Koblenz, Diakonie in Bad Kreuznach and at the Westpfalz Clinic in Kusel
Senior Physician of the Department of Orthopaedics (focus on Rheumatology Orthopaedics) at the Westpfalz Clinic, in Kusel
Leading Physician of Orthopaedics and Rheumatology, Aukamm Clinic, Wiesbaden
Founding Centre for Foot Surgery, Wiesbaden
- Dr med. Andreas Kiekenbeck
Leading Physician (shoulder surgery, knee surgery, reconstructive procedures including endoprosthetics, elbow surgery)
- Dr med. Alexander Mayer
Leading Physician (knee and hip endoprosthetics, hip arthroscopy)
- Dr med. Katrin Diener
Leading Physician (foot surgery, hand surgery, rheumatic orthopaedics)
- Dr med. Nina Schmidt-Horlohé
Senior Physician (traumatology, hand and foot surgery)
- Dr med. Dipl. sportwiss. (Degree in sports science) Wolfgang Gehrke
Private Physician (conservative orthopaedics, acupuncture, sport medicine, injection therapies, sport-medicine consultations)
- Dr med. Karin Böhm
Private Physician (conservative paediatric orthopaedics, sonography of an infant's hip)
- Additional qualification: Chirotherapy
- Additional Qualification: Sports Medicine
- D.A.F. (Deutsche Assoziation für Fuß und Sprunggelenk, German Association for Foot and Ankle Surgery) Certificate for foot surgery
- Physician for diagnostic radiology of the skeleton
- Specialist knowledge of DVT
- Reference surgeon for upper ankle joint prosthesis H3-HINTEGRA
- Developer of foot implants for the company Zimmer-Biomet International
- Instructor and Consultant for international Bioscil surgery courses
- Developer of orthopaedic aids for foot and ankle
- Fully digital X-ray system for a maximum beam reduction
- C-Arm Digital X-Ray
- Digital volume tomograph SCS, DVT
- Ultrasound scanner
- Shock wave system
- 4-D motion analysis with WS-measurement, leg axis, pedobarography
Wiesbaden Central Railway Station
Mainz Central Railway Station
Frankfurt am Main Airport
Frankfurt am Main Central Railway Station
Information about WiesbadenMORE
Benefits programme on site
Villa Kennedy is the first of three Rocco Forte hotels in Germany and is located on Frankfurt's Kennedyallee, on the south bank of the Main. The elegant 5-star superior hotel is centred on Villa Speyer, which was built in 1904 as the residence of a Frankfurt banking family and is today considered a true haven of peace in the bustling financial metropolis.
The Falkenstein Grand Kempinski is a 5-star-superior hotel not far from the pulsating Main metropolis in the heart of the Taunus. It is surrounded by a 6-ha park and a breath-taking skyline view of Frankfurt. Built in 1909 by order of Emperor Wilhelm II, the historical villa-complex featuring 112 rooms, suites, apartments, and a penthouse offers patients the necessary peace of mind, perfect comfort, service, and culinary delights.
The Villa Rothschild Kempinski is a historical 5-star hotel not far from Frankfurt am Main. It boasts a view far beyond the historical castle of Kronberg and offers patients who require appropriate medical treatment a place of rest and relaxation.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Wertheim Village, a special kind of luxury outlet, is nestled in the picturesque vineyards of Franconia. With over 110 designer boutiques, Wertheim Village offers reductions of up to 60% compared to the previously recommended retail price.
Dr med. Markus Preis
Practice owner and Leading Physician
Orthopaedic Joint Practice, Centre for Foot Surgery, Wiesbaden
Leibnizstraße 21, D-65191 Wiesbaden
Monday by appointment 10:00 am - 12:00 am
Wednesday by appointment 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Further consultations by appointment