Information About Prof. Dr Robert Rosenberg, FACS
- Highly specialised oncological visceral surgery (open surgery, minimally invasive surgery (keyhole technology), laparoscopic surgery, robot-assisted surgery (Da Vinci ®), 3D laparoscopy)
- Oesophageal surgery (oesophageal surgery, including achalasia, Zenker’s diverticulum, oesophageal cancer (oesophageal cancer), anti-reflux surgery, fundoplication)
- Stomach surgery (e.g. gastric cancer, complications of stomach ulcers (gastric/duodenal ulcers), GIST tumours)
- Surgery of the biliary tract, liver, and pancreas (e.g. gall bladder (cholecystitis), liver tumours, and pancreatic cancer)
- Colorectal surgery (surgery on colorectal tract e.g. colon cancer, rectal cancer, and diverticulitis), surgery of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease)
- Proctology (haemorrhoids, Longo surgery, anal fistula surgery, anal and rectal prolapse)
- Surgery of endocrine organs (adrenal gland, thyroid gland, and parathyroid glands)
- Hernia surgery (inguinal hernia, incisional hernia, surgery according to Lichtenstein, endoscopic surgical techniques)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Many special clinics for patient-oriented treatment and support (e.g. visceral surgery, minimally invasive surgery, obesity (bariatric clinic), thyroid glands, general surgery, proctology, vascular surgery, hernia, wound clinic, and thoracic surgery)
- Endoscopy of the digestive tract (e.g. oesophagogastroduodenoscopy, gastroscopy, and colonoscopy)
- Sonography (ultrasound)
- Radiological examinations of the digestive tract (X-ray examinations (e.g. barium swallow), CT, scintigraphy)
- Functional investigations (e.g. manometry (pressure measurements in the oesophagus), pH monitoring (pH-determination in the oesophagus and stomach))
- Biopsies (tissue studies e.g. fine needle aspiration biopsy of the thyroid gland)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Open surgery (laparotomy), minimally invasive surgery (keyhole technology, laparoscopic surgery), and robot-assisted surgery (Da Vinci ®, 3D laparoscopy)
- Entire therapeutic spectrum of visceral surgery: Operations of the oesophagus, stomach, intestinal tract, liver, gallbladder and biliary tract, pancreas, thyroid, and hernias
- Oncological operations (operations in connection with cancers)
- Bariatric surgery (bariatric surgery, including sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, gastric banding, and gastric balloon)
- Vascular surgery (arterial and venous surgery, varicose veins (varices), and intermittent claudication (peripheral arterial disease))
- Thoracic surgery (surgery of the chest e.g. lung cancer)
- General surgery
Prof. Dr Robert Rosenberg MD is chief of surgery at the Cantonal Hospital of Baselland and specialist with years of experience in the field of visceral surgery. He was educated at Klinikum rechts der Isar, at the Technical University of Munich and the Cantonal Hospital of Baden as well as at prestigious locations in Florida and New York.
At the three locations of the Cantonal Hospital of Baselland (i.e. Liestal, Bruderholz, and Laufen), the full diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum of general surgery is offered at the current scientific standard. The clinic pays special attention to personal and patient-centred care.
Visceral surgery deals with the surgical treatment of the abdominal organs.
The surgical team at Liestal includes qualified specialists, especially in the field of tumour surgery of the digestive tract (surgical interventions associated with malignancies such as colon cancer and rectal cancer) and minimally invasive procedures. In recent years, minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy) has become more commonplace because patients are exposed to much less surgical stress. This means smaller wounds, less blood loss, quicker healing, and less pain after the operation.
Prof. Rosenberg and his colleagues master both the open abdominal surgery (laparotomy) and minimally invasive techniques (keyhole surgery, laparoscopic, and 3D laparoscopy). If possible, the Cantonal Hospital of Baselland offers the option of robot-assisted surgery using the Da Vinci® surgical technique.
Since March 2014, Prof. Rosenberg has been a certified senior-intestinal surgeon. This designation is awarded by the German Cancer Society after a certain number of intestinal operations have been performed. This quality certification is a guarantee for the optimal treatment of patients with intestinal ailments.
In order to ensure the individualised, scientifically based treatment of cancer patients, individual patients with malignancies are discussed in the “tumour board”, a regular gathering of specialists from all disciplines such as visceral surgery, internal medicine, and nuclear medicine in order to individually to plan and evaluate the therapeutic approach.
The website of Prof. Rosenberg can be found here.
|1990–1997||Medical studies at the University of Heidelberg|
|1997–2011||Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich.|
|2008||Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Florida in Colorectal Surgery and Mount Sinai Hospital New York in Laparoscopic Surgery|
|2011–2014||Department of General, Visceral, and Vascular Surgery, Cantonal Hospital of Baden|
|Since July 2014||Chief physician of the Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Cantonal Hospital of Baselland at Liestal|
|1998||Doctorate (University of Heidelberg)|
|07/2003||Specialist for Surgery|
|2005||Habilitation (Technical University of Munich)|
|09/2007||Designation of Visceral Surgery|
|09/2008||European Board of Surgery Qualification in Surgical Oncology|
|12/2012||Specialist for Surgery FMH|
|03/2014||Senior-intestinal surgeon in accordance with requirements of cancer centres of the German Cancer Society|
|05/2014||Executive MBA in Medical Management, Private School of Business in Bern|
Dr Christof Kull
Co-Chief Physician, Head of Thoracic Surgery KSBL, Head of Visceral Surgery Liestal
- Dr Christine Glaser
Co-Chief Physician, Head of Visceral Surgery at Bruderholz and Laufen
Dr Christoph Koella
Co-Chief Physician, Head of Vascular Surgery KSBL
Dr Dietmar Eucker
Head of Hernia Centre
Dr Ivo Ralf Fischer
Head of Bariatric aKSBL
Dr Andres Heigl
Visceral and Cancer Surgery
Dr Heinrich Roost
General Surgery and Traumatology
Dr Bernd Schenkluhn
General and Visceral Surgery at Laufen
Dr Lars Stangenberg
Dr Claudia von Arx-Küng
- Restaurant, kiosk, postal service, hairdresser, cash machine
- Lounges and unique gardens
- Rooms with TV, Internet connection (Wi-Fi), and telephone
- Guest rooms for relatives
|Liestal Train Station||0.5 km|
|Basel SSB Train Station||15 km|
|Basel Mulhouse Freiburg Airport||23 km|
Information About LiestalMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois is in the heart of the city of Basel, exactly where the ships docked at the salt tower (Salzturm) in the Middle Ages to bring the coveted commodities down the Rhine into the world. Among hotels in Europe, the Grand Hotel is one of the richest in tradition, with over three centuries of history. A special charm in this respect is still present in this place, making the hotel an ideal starting point for discovering the artistic and cultural city of Basel. Les Trois Rois is within easy walking distance of the exhibition grounds, museums, and the pedestrian-zone shopping district.
Prof. Dr Robert Rosenberg, FACS
Chief Physician, Director of the Abdominal Centre
Cantonal Hospital of Basellland
Clinic for General, Visceral, Vascular, and Thoracic Surgery
Rheinstraße 26, CH-4410 Liestal