Information About Prof. Dr Mihai A. Constantinescu
- Blepharoplasty, facelifts, and ear/nose corrections
- Breast reconstruction, breast reduction, and breast augmentation
- Breast, abdomen, and thigh lift
- Gynecomastia correction
- Bone grafting, tendon and muscle transfers
- Nerve reconstructions
Range of therapeutic services
- Correction of congenital malformations Haemangioma, birthmarks, funnel chest corrections, breast malformations)
- Restoration after scarring surgery or accidents (microsurgical tissue transfer, bone transfer in the case of bone loss, nerve reconstruction, tendon and muscle transfers, defect coverage after soft tissue injuries, scar correction, and burns)
- Operative tumour removal (benign soft tissue tumours (e.g. lipomas, nevi), skin cancer (e.g. basal cell carcinoma, squamous, melanoma), malignant soft tissue tumours, breast tumours (breast removal and reconstruction), breast reconstruction (tissue reconstructions/silicone prosthesis), gynecomastia correction
- Aesthetic Surgery (blepharoplasty, facelift, ear corrections, rhinoplasty, wrinkle injections, autologous fat injections, dermabrasion/peeling, breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, tummy tucks, thigh lifts, liposuction)
Prof. Dr Mihai A. Constantinescu is a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery. Since 2013, he has held the position of Senior Consultant and Co-Director at the University Clinic for Plastic and Hand Surgery at the Inselspital Bern, where he had worked as a consultant since 2002.
The University Clinic for Plastic and Hand Surgery treats the entire range of plastic, aesthetic, and hand surgery. The team of Dr Constantinescu is particularly concerned about maintaining high standards of quality in the interest of the patient. This effort is expressed in a professional and in-depth consultation with the patient as well as treatment by experienced specialists.
The clinic led by Dr Constantinescu attaches great importance to interdisciplinary cooperation – both for operations and for the exchange of experience. This is frequently required in the field of plastic surgery, which ranges from tumour removal to restoration after scarring operations to the treatment of the results of an accident. The Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery offers a common consultation with colleagues from the Department of Dermatology. Furthermore, regular joint meetings are held with oncologists, radiation therapists, radiologists, and other specialists to discuss cancer patients and establish a professional interdisciplinary treatment concept.
In addition to restorative surgery, the treatment spectrum of Dr Constantinescu and his team also includes plastic surgery. Surgical procedures of the head, face, trunk and all extremities as well as less invasive procedures (e.g. Botox treatment, exfoliation and wrinkle injections) are offered.
The research focuses of Dr Constantinescu are laser surgery, the study of tissue reactions in transplantations, and aesthetic operative 3D soft tissue planning. The realisation of 3D models to reconstruct aesthetic tissue is a particularly important area of research for him and the clinic. Using such models, new diagnostic and therapeutic ideas can be developed and implemented. Using such 3D models, treatments can be customised. Through pre-operative planning, other risk factors can also be minimised.
The website of Dr Constantinescu can be found here.
- Prof. Dr E. Vögelin
Senior consultant and Co-director (hand surgery)
- Dr E. Olariu
- Dr M. Stengle
- Dr Dimitrios Meoli
- Dr O. Bleiziffer
|Bern Train Station||1 km|
|Bern Belp Airport||10 km|
|Basel Airport||106 km|
|Zürich Airport||129 km|
|Geneva Airport||152 km|
Information About BernMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
For over 150 years, the five-star hotel "Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA" has been the leading hotel in the Swiss capital and attracts discerning guests from all over the world for business, events, and leisure. The hotel is located very centrally and contains 99 stylish rooms and suites, a legendary ballroom, a modern Lobby-Lounge Bar as well as a unique Sky Terrace, and much more.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Prof. Dr Mihai A. Constantinescu
Senior consultant and Co-director
Inselspital - University Hospital Bern
University Clinic for Plastic and Hand Surgery
Freiburgstrasse 4, CH-3010 Bern
Thursday, Friday 3:00–6:00 pm
Monday through Friday 3:00–6:00 pm