Plastic Surgery in Zurich: Dr Cédric A. George
- Facial surgery (face lifts, forehead lift, neck lifts, eyelid surgery, nose surgery, ear surgery, interventions for protruding eyes)
- Cosmetic breast surgery (breast augmentation, breast lifts, breast reduction, gynaecomastia, breast malformations and asymmetries)
- Bodily surgery (liposuction, tummy tucks, skin tightening)
- Mummy makeover (combination of various interventions as a consequence of pregnancy and breastfeeding, e.g., tummy tuck, breast lift, liposuction)
- Breast cancer surgery (breast-conserving tumour removal, primary or secondary breast reconstruction using an implant or autologous tissue (DIEP or latissimus dorsi))
- Reconstructive surgery (intimate surgery, scar correction, tumour surgery)
Range of Therapeutic Services
Centre for Plastic Surgery
- Facial surgery (facelift, forehead lift, neck lift, eyelid surgery, nose surgery, ear surgery, interventions for protruding eyes)
- Breast surgery (breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, gynaecomastia, breast malformations)
- Tummy tucks
- Skin tightening (body lifts)
- Mummy makeover
- Intimate surgery (male and female)
Centre for Breast Cancer Surgery
- Breast-conserving tumour removal
- Breast removal (mastectomy)
- Breast reconstruction using an implant or autologous tissue from the abdomen, buttocks (DIEP) or back (latissimus dorsi)
Second Opinions and Expert Opinions
About Dr Cédric A. George – Surgeon for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Zurich
Dr Cédric A. George is a specialist in plastic-reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in Zurich at the Clinic Pyramide am See. He founded this clinic in 1993 and has been successfully directing it ever since. Along with a team of several specialists with various areas of expertise within the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery, he combines knowledge and the highest level of surgical skill under one roof. With its principle of natural beauty, the team working under Dr George attends sensitively to the needs and desires of its patients and only performs procedures if they are reasonable and medically justified.
Clinic Pyramide am See in Zurich: Exclusive Ambience and High-Performance Medicine
The Clinic Pyramide am See has been one of the leading private hospitals in Switzerland for more than 25 years. Its guiding principle is "First class for you", since the clinic not only stands for state-of-the-art medicine at the highest level, but also for exclusivity, attractive infrastructure and a first-class hotel business.
The clinic has several specialist centres. These include the Centre for Plastic Surgery, the Centre for Breast Cancer Surgery, the Centre for Maxillofacial Surgery and the Centre for Joint and Sports Surgery. In addition, there are specialists for hand and foot surgery and vein surgery, eye surgery, ear, nose and throat surgery, minimally invasive visceral surgery and gynaecological surgery.
Holistic Treatment Concept with a Focus on the Individual
In the Centre for Plastic Surgery at the Pyramide Clinic in Zurich, the patient is viewed as a person in their entirety. Patients are treated with the greatest dignity, integrity and absolute discretion. Thanks to their many years of experience and broad expertise, Dr George and his team boast an outstanding international reputation for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. In addition to the field of aesthetic procedures, the experienced specialist in plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery has primarily dedicated himself to the most demanding of reconstructive surgeries and breast cancer surgeries. Dr George also runs two centres in the Clinic Pyramide for this reason.
Dr Cédric A. George places the highest value on transparency, candour and honesty in his work. The preservation of natural beauty is always his number one principle. As a rule, cosmetic surgery is not medically indicated, but arises from the individual needs of the patient. By enhancing the physical well-being of patients, however, they mean an improvement in quality of life when used responsibly and thoughtfully.
Cosmetic surgery mitigates and corrects not only congenital blemishes (e.g., breast asymmetry, protruding ears, crooked nose) but also age-induced changes in the region of the face, chest or entire body.
Many women are not completely satisfied with the size and shape of their breasts, especially if they change during pregnancy, breastfeeding, due to weight fluctuations or with age. The chest region is one of a woman's central attributes, and so satisfaction with one's own breasts significantly affects a woman's self-esteem. The goal of cosmetic breast operations today is to create a harmonious, natural chest that brings one's personal perception and one's outward appearance into harmony. The most important breast surgeries include breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lifts and procedures for breast malformations, such as retracted nipples.
Within the scope of cosmetic surgery, Dr George has many years of experience in facial surgery. He performs all common facial surgery procedures. Among the interventions most commonly performed by Dr George and his colleagues are the facelift, eyelid surgery, nose surgery, ear surgery or procedures for protruding eyes.
In the field of bodily surgery, the centre also offers sophisticated procedures such as abdominoplasty (tummy tucks), the mummy makeover or body lifts. Tummy tucks are primarily used in patients following heavy weight loss or pregnancy, when a lot of excess, loose skin and fatty tissue remain on the abdomen and thus no longer correspond to the proportions of the rest of the body. Body lifts mean a complete correction of the silhouette, in particular the region of the hips and buttocks. This procedure can be combined well with liposuction in the region of the thighs or upper arms.
The mummy makeover is a combination of various procedures that are performed simultaneously in one operation. The interventions here differ from woman to woman. Classic problem areas after pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding include a flabby belly, sunken breasts, thinned labia, an enlarged vagina, perineal trauma and resistant fat deposits on the hips and thighs. The mummy makeover most commonly combines a tummy tuck and a breast lift. Ideally, these procedures should be performed 6–12 months after stopping breastfeeding, once the desired number of children have been born, and once one's desired weight has been achieved.
Specialists at the Centre for Plastic Surgery also perform hand surgery, intimate surgery and venous surgery procedures.
Breast Cancer Surgery
The Centre for Breast Cancer Surgery stands for the holistic treatment of breast cancer. In addition to removal of the actual tumour, the focus is on breast reconstruction, and maintaining the physical integrity and quality of life of the affected patient. In doing so, surgeons use state-of-the-art micro-techniques during their interventions in order to not forget the cosmetic aspect in addition to combating cancer. Where it is not possible or prudent to conserve the breast, the specialists perform breast reconstruction using both implants and autologous tissue, either immediately or at a later date. Dr George and his team are also available to provide second opinions.
Exclusive Service for Private Patients and Self-Payers
The ultimate goal at the Clinic Pyramide am See is to make stays as pleasant as possible for patients and to always offer maximum attentiveness and individualised service. Our specialists thus offer you constant care through our attentive, highly trained nursing team as well as an in-patient physician who is always available to you. The integrated upscale hotel business paired with the finest catering allow Dr George and his team to conjure up a feel-good atmosphere that is not typically found in hospitals. Of course, the medical care always takes top priority in Dr George's clinic; however, thanks to meals from a first-class kitchen, rooms with high-quality furnishings and the option to make use of other services (massages, cosmetic treatments, nutritional advice, personal training, etc.), you should not want for anything.
|1987 - present||Own practice|
|1991||Foundation of the La Mandragore day clinic in Zurich|
|1993||Foundation of the Clinic Pyramide am See
Physician in charge and supervisory board member of the Clinic Pyramide
|1998||Foundation of the Centre for Plastic Surgery in Zurich|
|2011 - present||On the Board of Directors of the SMN Group (Aevis Victoria SA) and the Bethanien Clinic|
|2014||Foundation of the Breast Atelier in Zurich|
- Zurich state examinations
- Doctoral certificate at the Medical Faculty of Zurich
- Assistant Physician: Surgical Department of the Cantonal Hospital Fribourg, Surgical Clinic
- Zurich University Hospital, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich
- FMH Diploma in Plastic, Restorative and Aesthetic Surgery
- Fellowship at Brugmann Hospital, Brussels
- Fellowship at Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris
- Senior Physician at the Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Clinic for Restorative Surgery
- Dr Georg Noever
Specialist FMH in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Dr Nicholas Waughlock
Specialist FMH in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
- Dr Rosmarie Adelsberger
Specialist FMH and EBOPRAS in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
- Underground garage exclusive to the clinic (free for patients and visitors)
- In-house cafeteria (open 7am – 9pm)
- Free, encrypted Wi-Fi for patients
- The patient rooms have multi-media terminals with flat screens and touch screens that allow you to make phone calls, watch television, listen to the radio, or watch films on demand
- Bathrobes, nightgowns and slippers are available in different sizes for your stay in the clinic
- In addition to the nursing staff, room service staff are available daily to care for patients
- Guest relations service, exclusively for self-payers and private patients
|Zurich Central Railway Station||3 km|
|Zurich Airport||13 km|
Information About ZurichMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Fischer Limousine AG is an independent Swiss company. The company, based in Kloten near Zurich Airport, is a family-owned and run business. The services are aimed at patients, clinics, hospitals and private individuals for safe and comfortable care.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Dr Cédric A. George
Founder and Medical Director of Clinic Pyramide am See
Clinic Pyramide am See
Centre for Plastic Surgery / Centre for Breast Cancer Surgery
Bellerivestr. 34, CH-8034 Zurich