Information about Prof Dr Karl-Heinz Frosch
- Front and rear cruciate ligament injury (cruciate ligament rupture), complex ligament injuries
- Cartilage damage, osteoarthritis, joint and leg malalignment
- Meniscus injuries, meniscus replacement
- Endoprosthetics of the knee joint (knee joint replacement, partial joint surface replacement, knee replacement endoprosthetics)
- Knee joint dislocation, kneecap dislocation (patellar dislocation)
- Fractures of the knee joint, knee fractures (osteochondral flakes, tibial plateau fractures, distal femoral fractures, bony avulsions of anterior and posterior cruciate ligament)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Physical examination, functional testing of the knee joint and related structures
- Diagnostic arthroscopy (endoscopic examination of a joint)
- Sonography of the knee joint (ultrasound)
- Radiological examinations of the musculoskeletal system (e.g. X-ray, CT, computed tomography, MRT, magnetic resonance imaging)
- Numerous special consultations (BG and accident surgery, endoprosthetics for the hip/knee, joint consultations, athlete consultations, spinal column consultations, neurosurgical consultation, plastic and hand surgery consultation)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Surgical treatment of the ligamentous structures of the knee joint (anterior and posterior cruciate ligament, lateral ligaments), menisci
- Surgical treatment of knee joint fractures, knee traumas, dislocations
- If technically possible: arthroscopic, minimally invasive (= keyhole surgery) procedures on knee structures (e.g. cruciate ligament surgery, meniscus surgery)
- Treatment of complex injuries
- Knee injuries of children and adolescents
- Endoprosthetics of the knee (knee prosthesis)
- Chondrocyte transplantation
- Leg axis correction
- Arthroscopy (endoscopic examination of a joint)
- Osteochondral cylinder transplantation (OTC)
Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Frosch specialises in knee surgery and is the head physician of the ASKLEPIOS Klinik St. Georg Surgery and Trauma Centre.
An experienced team led by Prof. Frosch specifically treats sports injuries of the knee joint within the priority area of knee surgery. Prof. Frosch is also a proven specialist in the total area of surgical knee joint treatment.
The Asklepios Klinik St. Georg in Hamburg has been in existence since 1823. This makes it one of the oldest hospitals in Hamburg. The clinic provides maximum care and is an academic teaching hospital with the University of Hamburg. The Clinic St. Georg treats approximately 34,000 inpatients and 58,000 outpatients annually. A clinical team of approximately 1,600 employees ensures the care of patients within various disciplines at the highest medical standard.
In particular, injuries such as rupture of the cruciate ligament or injury to the meniscus are operated on whenever possible arthroscopically, i.e. with minimal invasive techniques (keyhole surgery), with only the smallest skin incisions. This surgical technique causes less pain for the patient and the procedure is less invasive, whereby they recover more quickly and also the risk of wound infection is much lower. Prof. Frosch also treats complex knee trauma and severe knee injuries, in adults, children, and adolescents.
The Asklepios Klinik St. Georg has 20 departments, enabling close cooperation between the different medical disciplines. Prof. Frosch's team is thus able to make direct transitions from surgery to rehabilitation and physiotherapy. Thanks to close cooperation with the institute for sports medicine and prevention, athletes are also able to recover quickly.
You can find Prof. Frosch's website here.
- Habilitation: "Developing a stem cell-populated titanium mini-prosthesis for partial surface replacement on the knee joint"
- Doctoral thesis: "Regulation and expression of CD40L in normal subjects and SLE patients"
Specialist medical training
|1997-1998||Bamberg Surgery Clinic|
|1998-2004||Assistant Doctor in the clinic for accident surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University Medical Centre Göttingen|
|2006||Medical specialist in orthopaedics and accident surgery|
|2004-2010||Senior physician (from 2008 managing senior physician) at the clinic for accident surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University Medical Centre Göttingen|
|2006||Additional designation, "Special Accident Surgery"|
|2010||Head of the surgery and trauma centre, head physician for the accident and reconstructive surgery department in the knee and shoulder surgery section, sports traumatology|
- AGA Instructor
- ATLS Provider
- Certified Deutschen Kniegesellschaft [German Knee Association] knee surgeon
- Accident Insurance Consultant (accreditation for serious injury procedures)
- AGA-Gesellschaft für Gelenkchirurgie und Arthroskopie [AGA Society for Joint Surgery and Anthroscopy] (Head of Trauma Committee)
- AO-Trauma (member of the expanded executive committee)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirurgie [German Society for Surgery]
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Unfallchirurgie [German Society for Accident Surgery] (Deputy Head of the Program Committee)
- European Society for Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy
- President of the Deutschen Kniegesellschaft [German Knee Society] (11/2015 to 11/2017)
- Dr. Ralph Akoto
- Dr. Achim Preiss
- International patients can also be treated by our team at the highest medical level. Numerous hotels are available in the vicinity for accompanying persons. We will be happy to advise you in this regard!
- If needed accompanying persons can facilitate the hospitalisation. Please consult with us in that regard, as to whether such capacities are available.
- Generously designed patient rooms
- Patient Wi-Fi is available in some wards
- If needed pastoral accompaniment can be provided
- The Privita private ward provides comfort at the level of a 5-star hotel. You will also enjoy the best medical and personal care there, provided by the well-established team.
- The team of volunteer "green-clad men and women" will assist you during your hospital stay. They will accompany you to examinations, perform small errands, or simply offer a sympathetic ear for your concerns.
- There is a large patient library for our patients
|Main Station Süd Hamburg||2 km|
|Hamburg Airport||10 km|
Information about HamburgMORE
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
SIDE Design Hotel
SIDE Design Hotel is located in the beautiful city centre of Hamburg near the Alster Lake and the downtown shopping malls. It is the first and only five-star designer hotel in the city and provides guests with a full spa service (SIDE Wellness & SPA) as well as meeting and conference rooms - which are equipped with the latest technology and can be adapted to meet various space requirements.