Information about Prof Dr Christoph M. Bamberger
- Check-up, screening (prevention)
- Hormone consultation
- Anti-ageing consultation
- Radiation-free whole-body MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Dietary advice with targeted food supplementation
- Coaching (diet, exercise, mental health, stress management)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Economy Check
The Economy Check is a basic yet comprehensive medical examination and includes the following:
- physical examination, consultation and written report
- comprehensive laboratory testing including basic hormone level checks, hepatitis and HIV tests
- body composition analysis
- ultrasound-based bone density measurement
- ultrasound of the thyroid gland, cervical arteries, heart and abdominal organs
- standard and exercise ECG
- lung function at rest and in response to physical exercise
- dermatological check including video dermatoscopy
- eye check including digital analysis of the retina
- detailed discussion of results in the comfort of your personal room
- Business Check
The Business Check is designed for sophisticated cosmopolitan men and women, managers and high performers with higher expectations. It comprises all features of the Economy Check plus the following:
- radiation-free whole body MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), on request including virtual colonoscopy; includes significant points not covered by the Economy Check, e.g. examination of the head, the lungs, the colon and the entire arterial vessel system
- BrainCheck Precision+ rule out beginning Alzheimer's disease (BrainCheck can be replaced by any high resolution regional MRI, e.g. of the breasts = MRI mammogram, specific joints or the spine)
- 3D presentation of the results in the comfort your personal room
- First Class Check
The First Class Check is the most exclusive, detailed and extensive of our check up packages. In addition to the Business Check it includes:
- most comprehensive laboratory testing including the complete hormonal status, tumor markers, immunology and rheumatology
- comprehensive genetic testing
- one additional regional high resolution MRIs, e.g. MRI mammogram, MRI of the vertebral column etc.
- one additional specialty services (e.g. neurology, ETN, orthopedics, urology, gynecology)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Solution-oriented psychological coaching
- Premium weight management programme
- Individual lifestyle coaching
- Hamburg hormone consultation:
- Full laboratory tests, comprehensive hormone status
- Ultrasound and MRI of the endocrine (hormone-producing) organs
- Advice and initiation of specific hormonal therapy
- Further care if desired, e.g. in the event of hormone replacement therapy
Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Bamberger is a specialist in prevention, screening and diagnostics. In his medical prevention centre located in Hamburg-Eppendorf he offers first-class individual medicine in an exclusive feel-good environment. With outstanding care and discretion, you will have a complete check-up of your body and its health status within five hours. Prof. Bamberger guarantees carefree ageing with youthful freshness as diseases are identified in good time and avoided, and mental and physical wellbeing is increased, thereby maintaining physical attractiveness.
The Medical Prevention Centre Hamburg (MPCH) is one of the leading preventive medicine facilities in Germany. Your personal care is provided by a team of internationally recognised specialists. In order to supplement this with various special investigations (for example, gynaecological or urological tests), there is close collaboration with specialists of the nearby Hamburg-Eppendorf Hospital.
After training as a specialist in internal medicine with a special interest in endocrinology (hormone metabolism), he was honoured in subsequent years with several awards for his outstanding scientific work. In 2003 he was appointed to the first chair of the endocrinology and metabolism of ageing in Germany. In 2006 he founded the Medical Prevention Centre Hamburg.
Prof. Bamberger supports the philosophy of the four stages of prevention for better health. These are optimised screening, lifestyle optimising, medications and hormones if necessary, and the applied philosophy of the second half of life.
Since early diagnosis is regarded as the best way of prevention, screening is the priority of Prof. Bamberger‘s prevention clinic. Prompt intervention can cure and prevent many diseases quickly and effectively. Prof. Bamberger offers a comprehensive range of medical screening (check-up) tests. A complete check-up includes a detailed discussion of the medical history, a physical examination, detailed testing of heart and lung function, precise laboratory tests (electrolyte balance, kidney and liver function, cholesterol, blood count, vitamins) and an MRI scan (magnetic resonance imaging) of the whole body without any harmful radiation. With the aid of this information, Prof. Bamberger’s team can identify your individual risk factors and detect potential diseases at an early stage.
A complete check-up takes 4.5-5 hours. If desired, additional special tests are possible, such as eye examinations, detailed neurological examinations etc. Between the individual tests you can withdraw to your own private room to recover. During this time, your personal room service will attend to your wishes. Following analysis, Prof. Bamberger and his team will explain the results of your check-up and further treatment options in a detailed final discussion in your room.
The treatments offered by the Medical Prevention Centre include lifestyle optimisation. With the aid of individual coaching regarding lifestyle, stress management, diet with targeted food supplements and exercise, which is geared to your test results and your daily life, your life should not only be prolonged but should be improved. For this purpose, Prof. Bamberger also offers a special anti-ageing consultation.
Since the body and its hormone levels change with age, energy levels, weight, sexual function and mood can also be affected. This hormonal imbalance of various causes can be identified by Prof. Bamberger’s highly trained team and can be corrected again with the aid of hormone replacement preparations and other medications. A special Hamburg hormone consultation was introduced specially for this in the Medical Prevention Centre.
Finally, Prof. Bamberger‘s applied philosophy for the second half of life consists of serenity and optimism for the natural ageing processes in the second half of life for it is a gift and a great opportunity. Here, too, you are supported by Prof. Bamberger and Medical Prevention Centre Hamburg, through individual coaching for mental health and stress management.
Click here, to go to Prof. Bamberger's website.
|Since 2006||Director and managing director, Medical Prevention Center Hamburg (MPCH)|
|Since 2003||First incumbent of a C3 chair of endocrinology and metabolism of ageing in Germany, Internal Medicine Centre, Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital|
|1996 – 2003||Researcher, Medical Clinic I, Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital|
|1995 – 1999||Laboratory director, Institute for Hormone and Reproductive Research (IHF) at the University of Hamburg|
|1993 – 1994||Research visit to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland, USA|
|1991 – 1992||Medical internship (internal medicine and endocrinology), 1st Medical Clinic, Christian Albrecht University Kiel|
EXAMINATIONS AND TITLES
|2003||Appointment as professor, University of Hamburg|
|2001||Postdoctoral authority to teach for the subject of internal medicine,
University of Hamburg
|2001||Subspecialist designation in endocrinology|
|1999||Specialist in internal medicine|
|1993||American state examination (USMLE Step 1 und 2)|
|1991||State medical examination and MD dissertation
(subject: axon regeneration in the optic nerve of the adult albino rat,
doctoral supervisor: Prof. Sievers, Anatomy Institute, University of Kiel)
- Dr. Sabine Guth
Deputy director, internist, director of ultrasound diagnostics
- Dr. Carola Gocke
- Dr. Daniela Nordhusen
Specialist in general medicine, additional designation in sports and nutritional medicine
- Dr. Angelika Guthoff
Internist, ultrasound specialist
- Well-equipped private room with high-speed internet access and flat-screen television, private shower possible
- Personal welcome and care by a member of the medical team
- Relaxation during the tests in your own private room with room service
- Fast appointments, very short waiting times
|Hamburg train station||5 km|
|Hamburg-Altona train station||5 km|
|Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel airport||6,5 km|
Information about HamburgMORE
Benefits programme on siteMORE
SIDE Design Hotel is located in the beautiful city centre of Hamburg near the Alster Lake and the downtown shopping malls. It is the first and only five-star designer hotel in the city and provides guests with a full spa service (SIDE Wellness & SPA) as well as meeting and conference rooms - which are equipped with the latest technology and can be adapted to meet various space requirements.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.