Oncological Gynecology and Breast Cancer Munich
- Gynaecologic Oncology (surgical and pharmacological cancer treatments)
- Operations on the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and outer genitals in benign and malignant diseases
- Operations on the breast including plastic and reconstructive surgery (senior breast surgeon certified to OnkoZert)
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques
- General Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Minimally Invasive diagnostic procedures: laparoscopic sterility diagnostics, diagnostic hysteroscopy (hysteroscopy)
- Diagnostics and imaging technology of all cancers of the female reproductive organs (uterus, cervix, ovary, fallopian tubes, vagina, vulva)
- Interdisciplinary tumour conference (gynaecologists, internists, radiotherapists, radiologists, psychotherapists, surgeons, pathologists)
- Breast Centre: removal of tissue samples (core biopsy, vacuum suction biopsy), advice on familial breast and ovarian cancer
- Urogynaecology diagnosis: bladder and pelvic floor clinic, urodynamic measuring station
- Gathering second opinions
Range of Therapeutic Services
Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Ovary and tubal surgery
- Myoma enucleation
- Endometriosis surgery
- Laparoscopic treatment of chronic pelvic pain
- Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LASH, hysterectomy = hysterectomy), total hysterectomy (TLH) or in combination with vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Vaginal hysterectomy (gentlest way of hysterectomy, done wihout tummy cuts, the uterus is removed through the vagina)
- Ablative procedures for intrauterine pathology (myoma, polyp)
- Endometrial ablation (= removal of the uterine lining) with enhanced vaginal bleeding
- Treatment of all malignant diseases of the female reproductive organs (uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, vulva)
- Cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix): TMMR with therapeutic lymph node dissection
- Endometrial cancer (cancer of the endometrium): laparoscopic surgical treatment (LAVH, TLH, para-aortic and pelvic lymphadenectomy), abdominal operations with infra-gastric omentectomy (in tumours with higher risk), radical interventions in advanced tumour stages
- Vulvar cancer (tumour of the female pudenda): Vulvectomy with appropriate lymph node testing and possibly removal, minimise surgical trauma to obtain the body functions and appearance
- Local lymph node removal
- Plastic reconstruction after vulvar surgery
- Minimally invasive or open surgery
- If necessary: intensive care, postoperative care
- Postoperative radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Removal of benign lesions (lactiferous duct papilloma, fibroadenomas)
- Reduction and enlargement of the mammary gland
- Defect coverage (lipofilling)
- Breast-conserving surgery for breast cancer, sentinel lymph node removal (sentinel lymph node) and conventional axillary dissection
- Complete breast removal (radical mastectomy)
- Plastic, reconstructive procedures with foreign tissues (expanders, implants) or autologous tissue (latissimus dorsi muscle, TRAM, DIEP, S-CAP)
- Uterine-preserving vaginal and laparoscopic correction of uterine prolapse and the vagina (e.g. Sacrospinale fixation)
- Recover bladder / Rectum lowering(e.g. Colporraphia anterior / posterior, enterozel closure)
- Sakrospinale colpopexy according to Amreich-Richter, uterine sacrospinal fixation according to Amreich-Richter
- Sling surgery for stress urinary incontinence: TVT, TVT-O
- Abdominal surgery for stress urinary incontinence ( "Burch procedure", = abdominal colpo-suspension)
Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis
- Minimally invasive abdominal surgeries using laparoscopy
- Endometriosis diagnosis and therapy (mild to severe endometriosis)
- Alternative healing methods for endometriosis
About Dr Sabine Keim
Gynecologist Dr Sabine Keim is a specialist in gynecological oncology and chief physician at the department of obstetrics and gynaecology at the Helios Clinic Munich West.
Dr Sabine Keims speciality is gynecological oncology and surgical gynecology. She has been certified as a senior breast surgeon since 2013. This certificate is obtained by surgeons who have performed many larger successful operations, in her case, mostly breast cancer surgeries. In addition, Dr Sabine Keim is a specialist in the field of urogynecology.
Oncological Gynecologist - First Contact Point for Breast Cancer
Gynecologic oncology includes neoplasms of the ovaries and fallopian tubes (ovarian and tubal carcinoma), uterus (endometrial cancer) of the cervix (cervical cancer) and the outer genitals (vulva, vaginal carcinoma). Oncological gynecologists surgically remove the tumours and often combine therapy with medication and/or radio-oncological (radiotherapy) treatment measures. They always tailor healing strategies to the patient's individual needs.
Dr Sabine Keim and her team always stand by their patients and their wishes are always at the center of the planning process. Especially during treatment of cancer patients, there is always a network of experienced specialists whose platform includes a weekly tumour conference.
The field of senology extends from biology, physiology, and anatomy of the breast and leads up to the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast tissue diseases as well as to aftercare and breast cancer prevention. In daily clinical practice, gynaecological oncologists, plastic surgeons, hemato-oncologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists, psycho-oncologists, social workers, nursing and physical therapists work hand in hand.
Thanks to the many medical facilities and tumour-specific therapeutic approaches (personalised tumour therapy), breast cancer can be cured in most cases today. Regular checkups are important, self-examination under guidance is a contribution everyone can conduct to maintain personal health. Dr Sabine Keim lectures on a regular basis. She is also co-author of several book chapters on the topic of breast cancer. She is member of national and international forums specializing in the complex treatment of breast cancer as well. Dr Keim is available to discuss patients' questions in confidence.
Urogynecology - Incontinence Is Not Uncommon!
The area of urogynecology deals with changes or disorders of the urinary tract and the continence function (urinary incontinence, stress incontinence, overflow incontinence, urge incontinence) as well as with the lowering of the internal organs (dropping of the urinary bladder, uterus, vagina, etc., lowering = prolapse). Approximately one third of all women are affected by such changes with increasing age. Woman with problems can always contact our gynecologist Dr Keim. It is always confidential - there are numerous ways to help and to regain quality of life.
Helios Clinic Munich West - Experienced and Personalized Obstetrics
Dr Sabine Keim delivers around 650 children at the Helios Clinic Munich Westa each year. At this hospital, doctors and midwives have gained many years of professional experience and routine. The wishes and ideas of woman giving birth always count first. Women can feel free to trustingly express their suggestions to Dr Sabine Keim and her team. Once a month, the Helios Clinic Munich West invites interested people to attend an informational evening on obstetrics.
Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis
The Clinic for Gynaecology at the Helios Clinic West, under the direction of Dr Keim, has expanded its range of services to include a Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis. Leadership of the centre is being taken over by endoscopy and endometriosis specialists Dr Robert Theiss and Dr Otto Kabdebo.
The centre specialises in minimally invasive surgery and the treatment of endometriosis. In addition to operative therapy by means of gentle laparoscopy, alternative therapies such as acupuncture, homoeopathy and traditional Chinese medicine are also part of the range of services.
|1984 - 1997||Academic training in Frankfurt am Main|
|1997 – 2003||Studies in Human Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main|
|2003||Obtaining a doctorate of medicine with a focus on "Effectiveness and efficiency of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the diagnosis of acute wrist injuries"|
|2004-2008||Assistant Physician in the Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics at the Clinic Starnberg, academic teaching hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich|
|2009||Specialist in obstetrics and gynaecology (starting 10 months before the position as a senior physician)|
|from March 2010||Deputy Head of the Gynaecological Cancer Centre|
|from August 2010||Deputy Head of the Breast Centre Starnberg|
|2010 - 2012||Head Physician of the Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Clinic Starnberg|
|2011||Further education with a focus on gynaecological oncology and drug tumour therapy|
|2012-2013||Head physician of the women's clinic at the Red Cross Hospital Munich, Department Gynaecology and Gynaecologic Oncology, coordinator of the Interdisciplinary breast, gynaecological cancer and oncology centre at the Red Cross Hospital in Munich|
|2013 - 2016||Leading Medical Director at the Red Cross Hospital Munich, Department Gynaecology and Gynaecologic Oncology|
|Since May 2016||Chief Physician of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology HELIOS Clinic Munich West|
Additional qualifications for oncology
|2004||Various courses in breast sonography and vascular diagnosis at the University Hospital in Frankfurt am Main|
|Since 2004||Regular visits of national congresses with a focus on gynaecological oncology of the Association Oncology (AGO), Operative Gynecology Forum (FOG) and the German Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DGGG)|
|02/2005||Training as a disseminator and trainer of MammaCare, up to the present, management of courses for breast self-examination of women in the Health Academy at the Clinic Starnberg|
|05/2007||Seminar attendance "Risk communication in breast cancer therapy"|
|07/2008||Seminar attendance "Intensive Seminar Endocrinology of the German Academy of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|2010||Certificate in Oncological Diagnostics and Therapy|
|2010||Workshop for total mesometrial resection (TMMR) of cervical cancer at the School of Radical Pelvic Surgery in Leipzig|
|10/2011||Specialty in gynaecologic oncology and drug tumour therapy|
|04/2012||Trained physician for German Mammography Screening|
|10/2013||Senior breast surgeon (recognised by the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology)|
Additional qualifications urogynaecology
|Since 2005||Regular visits to national and international congresses with a focus on urogynaecology and plastic pelvic floor surgery|
|June 2011||Certificate AGUB I (Urogynaecology diagnosis and treatment, urogynecological surgery)|
- Dr Marek Kuryllo
Head of minimally invasive surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, specialty in Oncology and Gynaecological drug tumour therapy
- Dr Robert Theiss
Head of the Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis, Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dr Otto Kabdebo
Head of the Centre for Endoscopy and Endometriosis, Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Daria Kurz
Executive Senior Physician, senior breast surgeon and AWO gyn mammary surgeon
- Dr Amelie Steiger
Acting Senior Physician, minimally invasive surgery (MIS 1)
- Dr Christiane Difliff
Head physician centre for interventional radiology, breast imaging manager
- Evening office hours
- The following languages are spoken by Dr. med. Sabine Keim and her colleagues: English, French, Polish, Russian, Italian
- Psycho-oncological care of patients and their relatives
|Munich Central Train Station||9 km|
|Munich Airport||43 km|
Information About MunichMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
Ruby Hotel Munich - a Lean Luxury Design Hotel - five-star accommodation in the heart of the city at the price of a budget hotel. Small but attractive rooms with excellent features and relaxed design.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines.
The sporty, elegant 5-star Hotel St. Wolfgang in Bad Griesbach-Therme is close to the famous three-river city of Passau. Under one roof, this locale charmingly unites a first-class hotel and the Asklepios private clinic with its specialist areas: Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Urology, and Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery.
The Hilton Munich Park combines elegant design and professional service in a tranquil, leafy setting right next to one of the largest and most natural parks in the world.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Ingolstadt Village, one of nine European Chic Outlet Shopping® villages, is less than an hour from Munich and offers visitors a luxurious outlet shopping experience.
The legendary Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich is located on one of the world’s most famous boulevards, Maximilianstraße. The most exclusive luxury boutiques, galleries and museums as well as the Bavarian State Opera surround this extraordinary hotel.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Dr Sabine Keim
Helios Clinic Munich West
Clinic for Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Steinerweg 5, D-81241 Munich
General gynecological consultation hours
Daily 08:00 am - 3:00 pm
Obstetrical consultation hours
Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Urogynecology consultation hours
Tuesday 12:00 to 3:00 pm and by appointment
Minimally invasive surgery consultation hours
Monday and Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Breast and plastic breast consultation clinic
Gynecological cancer clinic
Counseling for families Breast and ovary cancer
Secondary consultation hours
Tuesday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm