Endocrinologist in Zurich, Switzerland
- Diseases of the thyroid gland and the parathyroid gland
- Diseases of the pituitary gland
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Diseases of the pancreas (diabetes)
- Disturbance of bone metabolism (osteoporosis, primary hyperparathyroidism)
- Endocrinological andrology and gynaecology
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Thyroid diagnostics
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Fine needle puncture of the thyroid gland
- Salivary cortisol measurement
- Metabolic tests
- Hormone diagnostics
- Diabetes diagnostics
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Diabetes mellitus treatments (patient training and control for diabetes mellitus type 1 & type 2)
- Pregnancy diabetes (nutritional change, exercise training, insulin therapy)
- Hypercholesterolemia (nutritional training, cholesterol-lowering medication)
- Hormone therapy (testosterone supply in primary testicular hypofunctions, hormonal therapies in menstrual disorders)
- Osteoporosis (individual medicinal therapy)
- Thyroid gland (individual medicinal therapy for hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Iron infusions for iron deficiency
Endocrinologist Dr Mirjam Faulenbach is a specialist in endocrinology at the Hormone Centre of the Hirslanden Clinic in Zürich. She founded the Hormone Centre Zürich in 2014.
Dr Faulenbach works closely with professionals and consultants of other disciplines in order to treat outpatients and inpatients with a holistic approach. She concentrates on continuous medical treatment according to latest knowledge and quality standards, thereby ensuring optimal individual patient care.
Focus on Diabetes: Training and Consultation
Dr Faulenbach and her team individually train their patients in blood glucose measurement, use of insulin syringes, management of hypoglycaemia, and general insights about diabetes. In addition, they provide nutritional advice on how to go through a diet change. Coupled with a possible drug treatment, this is an important component to control and optimally acclimatize the illness.
Specialist for the Diagnosis of Pituitary Diseases
Through the production of various hormones, the pituitary gland controls secondary glands such as the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, or ovaries/testicles. Functional disorders of the pituitary gland are rather rare but can have various causes. At the Hormone Centre Zürich, endocrinologists detect potential overproduction or lack of hormones through extensive interviews, a thorough physical examination, and hormone tests.
State-of-the-Art Techniques for the Diagnosis of Thyroid Disorders
Diagnostic techniques are used to determine and evaluate parameters. Some of the detected conditions are analysed and discussed directly during consultation at the practice. Other evaluations are sent to an external cooperating laboratory and results announced as quickly as possible.
The diagnostic standard also includes the ultrasound imaging of the thyroid gland, which is a painless, radiation-free, and safe method for visualising the thyroid gland and planning an individual treatment. Changes in the size of the thyroid gland, as in case of “struma”, for example, can be determined and adjusted by medication.
Increased Cholesterol: Around 20% of Adults in Western Industrialised Countries Have Problems with Cholesterol Levels
The initially symptom-free disease can gradually develop into an arterial calcification, which can lead to heart attack, stroke, and occlusion of the leg artery.
A risk calculation is implemented as a result of received laboratory values and the patient’s personal constitution. Some success can be achieved by changing eating habits and life style. Endocrinologists prescribe cholesterol-lowering drugs ("lipid-lowering drugs") to patients with unfavorable cholesterol levels.
Find more information at the German website of Dr Faulenbach.
|2016||2016 Curriculum SVGO Advanced training course in metabolic bone diseases|
|2014||Foundation of the Hormone Centre Zürich, start as an attending physician at the Hirslanden Clinic|
|2009–2013||Endocrinologist/Diabetologist, DiaMon Institute and Practice of Dr Villiger, Baden, Head: Dr L. Villiger|
|2009||Senior Physician and scientific assistant, endocrinology/diabetology, German Institute for Nutrition and Charité, Berlin, Chief Physician, Dr A Pfeiffer|
|2009||Specialist title FMH endocrinology/diabetology|
|2007–2008||Research assistant, University of Washington, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, Seattle, Washington, US, research group of Dr Steven Kahn|
|2006–2006||Senior Physician in endocrinology/diabetology, University Hospital of Zurich|
|2004–2006||Endocrinology/diabetology, University Hospital of Zurich, Senior Physician Dr G. Spinas|
|2003–2004||Research assistant, Clinic for Endocrinology, University Hospital of Zurich, Dr M Donath|
|2003||Specialist title FMH internal medicine|
|2001–2003||Internal medicine, Triemli Hospital Zürich, Chief Physician Dr O. Oelz|
|1999–2001||Internal medicine, Uster Hospital, Chief Physician Dr M. Spiegel|
|1998–1999||Surgery, Horgen Hospital, Chief Physician Dr H. J. Riedtmann|
|1998||Doctorate, University of Basel|
- Dr. Mirjam Faulenbach
Head of the Hormone Centre Zurich, Attending Physician at Hirslanden Clinic, Technical Head of the Hirslanden Diabetes Clinic
- Dr (RUS) Artemis Papandreou
Specialist for Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Dr. Christof Clanget
Specialist for Endcrinology and Diabetology
- Interdisciplinary thyroid gland consultation: Once a month for optimal consultation of thyroid patients with regard to a thyroid operation under discussion
- Regular case studies of thyroid patients in the thyroid board
- Discussion of complex issues once a quarter in an endocrinological quality circle
- In-patient clarification with metabolism tests at Hirslanden Clinic as required
- In-patient supervision of patients undergoing surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic
|Zürich Central Station||5 km|
|Zürich Airport||15 km|
Information About ZurichMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Hormone Centre Zürich
Endcrinology and Diabetology
Witellikerstrasse 36, CH-8008 Zürich
Once per month:
Interdisciplinary thyroid gland consultation