Information about PD Dr André Reitz
- Neurourology: Urinary incontinence and disorders of the bladder and sphincter function in diseases of the nervous system (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, spina bifida, diabetes mellitus) and after surgery in the pelvic region for overactive bladder, chronic urinary retention or pain in the pelvis
- Female urology: Urinary incontinence, functional disorders of the bladder and the pelvic floor, pain of the pelvic organs and urinary tract infections
- Men's Health: Dysfunction of the bladder, urinary incontinence, pain of the pelvis and of the prostate, men-specific health promotion, sexual dysfunction
- Rehabilitation of bladder and sexual function after spinal cord injury and injury to the nervous system
- Paediatric Urology: Nocturnal enuresis, urinary tract infections in infancy, childhood urinary incontinence, voiding dysfunction in childhood
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Urodynamic functional tests with X-ray and ultrasound imaging of the urinary tract
- Video endoscopy of the urinary tract
- Electromyographic recordings for the pelvic floor activity
- Neurophysiological measurement of pelvic reflexes
- Diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Screening of prostate
- Consultation in paediatric urology
- Consultation for adolescent
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Minimally invasive therapies for urinary incontinence: BOTOX injection of the bladder or pelvic floor, instillation therapy of bladder, injection of the urethra
- Surgical treatment method for urinary incontinence: Band suspension of the urethra in women (retropubic, transobturatory, adjustable) and men (transobturatory), ProAct sphincter prosthesis in case of incontinence of women and men, sphincter prosthesis (ATOMS, AMS 800) for incontinence after prostate surgery
- Surgical treatment method in case of pelvic organ prolaps: Correction by gathering and with mesh inlay
- Method of nerve stimulation and neuromodulation: Functional stimulation of the pelvic floor and the tibial nerve, Intravesical stimulation of the bladder according to KATONA, sacral neuromodulation with the InterStim system in case of dysfunction of the bladder and pelvic floor (percutaneous test stimulation and implantation of a bladder pacemaker)
- Pelvic floor therapy and biofeedback treatment
- Rehabilitation of bladder and sexual function: after injuries of the nervous system (traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury) and neurological acute events (stroke, inflammation of the nervous system), neurourological long-term care
- Rehabilitation of the sphincter and sexual function after prostate and pelvic surgery
PD Dr. André Reitz is a Urologist and Specialist in Neurourology. Since its founding in 2010, he has headed the KontinenzZentrum Hirslanden in Zurich. With his team of highly qualified and highly experienced experts, PD Dr. med André Reitz has specialised in his medical practice in the areas of neurourology, female urology, paediatric urology and the diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence in women, men and children.
PD Dr. André Reitz gained extensive experience and developed outstanding expertise in his field during the international education he obtained in New Orleans, Paris, Heidelberg and Zurich. For years he led the university-based neurourological centres in Heidelberg and Bonn.
More than 100 publications in prestigious journals and a number of national and international research awards testify his successful scientific activity in the neurourological field. PD Dr. André Reitz is the author of several books and book chapters. After the Habilitation (post-doctoral qualification) in the field of Neurourology at the medical faculty of the University of Zurich in 2006, he was appointed professor of Neurourology at the University of Bonn in 2007. He is an internationally recognised specialist in his field based on his broad and long-standing experience and vast scientific expertise.
Today PD Dr. Reitz annually treats far more than 1500 patients with complex neurourological diseases at KontinenzZentrum Hirslanden. The highly qualified team in KontinenzZentrum Hirslanden led by Dr. Reitz offers the entire spectrum of conservative and surgical therapies in the field in an excellent infrastructure.
Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence is one of the specialties of Dr. Reitz. The spectrum of operations comprises of various reconstructive procedures, the use of tapes, nets, various types of implantable neurostimulators and sphincter prosthesis. The inpatient interventions take place in Zurich in the renowned Klinik Hirslanden. The largest private clinic in Switzerland is well equipped and offers cutting-edge medicine at the highest level.
Dr. Reitz has particular interest in comprehensive and professional care of women and men with chronic neurological disorders and spinal cord injury. The neurourological treatment requires in addition to the medical expertise the personal consultation and an intense relationship of trust. In particular for these patients, PD. Dr. Reitz has developed the Zurich Pelvic Rehabilitation Program together with the Klinik Hirslanden comprising the initial clarification and long-term care of neurourological diseases.
Medical excellence and the quality of life of his patients are given the highest priority by PD Dr. André Reitz. It takes time for a detailed discussion of the personal situation. The entire medical treatment depends on the individual needs and requirements of each patient and the partner, family and relatives may be involved in the treatment.
More information can be found on the website of PD Dr. André Reitz.
|1992-1998||Medical studies at the University of Münster with stay abroad at the Tulane University New Orleans|
|1998||State examination in medicine at the University of Münster|
|2001||Doctorate Awarding of doctorate title by the Medical Faculty of the University of Münster|
|2001||Awarding of Heidelberger Prize for Neurourology|
|2002||Award "Best Clinical Presentation" at the International Continence Society|
|2003||Awarding of the Pfizer Research Prize for Urology and Nephrology|
|2003||Awarding of the Eugen-Rehfisch Prize of the Forum Urodynamicum|
|1999-2006||Training to become Consultant Urologist at the University of Heidelberg, at the University of Zurich and at the Hôpital Universitaire de La Pitié L'Salpêtrière, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris|
|2006||Board certification for the field of Urology|
|2006||Habilitation in the field of Neurourology. Grant of "venia legendi" by the medical faculty of the University of Zurich|
|2006-2007||Chief physician of the Department of Neurourology, Orthopaedic University Hospital, Heidelberg|
|2007||Awarding of the title "Fellow of the European Board of Urology" by the European Association of Urology|
|2007||Appointed university professor for Neurourology by the University of Bonn|
|2007-2009||Promoted to Chief Physician of the Department of Neurourology, Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Godeshöhe, Bonn|
|2007-2009||Holder of the Chair for Neurourology at the University of Bonn|
|2008||Appointed in the working group Urodynamic functional diagnostics and female urology at the Academy of German Urologists|
|2009||Election as a Board member and Treasurer of the Forum Urodynamicum eV|
|2009-2012||European Association of Urology Guideline - Panel Neuro-Urology|
|2010-2013||Chief physician of the KontinenzZentrum Hirslanden in Zurich|
|2013||Opening of the private group practice KontinenzZentrum Hirslanden at Klinik Hirslanden in Zurich|
|2015||Awarding of the title "Neurourology" by the Swiss Medical Association Foederatio Medicorum Helveticorum (FMH)|
- Prof. Dr. Regula Doggweiler
- Dr. med. Uta Kliesch
- Dr. med. Mirjam Huwyler
- Modern single-bed and double-bed rooms with radio, TV and Wi-Fi, many with balconies overlooking Lake Zurich
- First-class and renowned hospitality of the Klinik Hirslanden
- Services for international patients by the office Hirslanden International: coordination and organisation of consultations, medical reports, cost estimates, hotel reservations, stays in rehabilitation clinics, spa stays as well as transport and travel advice
|Zurich Central Station||5 km|
|Zurich Airport||15 km|
Information about ZurichMORE
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.