Gynecologist and Breast Surgeon in Wiesbaden
- Breast cancer
- Gynaecological oncology for ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, endometrial carcinoma, vulvar cancer
- Breast reconstruction
- Benign gynaecological diseases
- Cosmetic breast surgery: breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, breast malformations
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Gynaecological examination
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Breast cancer diagnosis: Palpation, ultrasound examination, mammography, punch biopsy
- Diagnostic imaging: X-ray imaging, ultrasound examination, computed tomography, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging, bone scintigraphy
- Co-supervision of complex cases (e.g. gene carriers, family history)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Breast-conserving surgical methods and oncoplastic breast surgery (breasts can now be conserved in nearly 80% of patients)
- Breast removal with immediate reconstruction
- Skin-conserving or nipple-conserving removal of the mammary gland with immediate reconstruction
- Subsequent breast reconstruction
- Prophylactic mammary gland removal with immediate reconstruction in the case of hereditary breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node removal (sentinel node biopsy)
- All reconstruction operations (implants, abdominal tissue, autografting from the abdomen and back and nipple reconstruction)
- Ovarian carcinoma, cervical cancer, endometrial carcinoma, vulvar carcinoma
- Radical tumour surgery
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Care of concomitant chemotherapies (with or without anti-hormone treatment, antibody therapy) in the interdisciplinary oncological day clinic
- Interdisciplinary patient care
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Breast malformations
- Scar correction
Benign gynaecological diseases:
- Ovarian disease, such as cysts
- Inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries and abdominal adhesions
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Benign tumours of the uterus, e.g. fibroids
- Uterine and vaginal prolapse
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Gynecologist Dr Stefanie Buchen MD is a specialist in gynecology and obstetrics and is chief physician at the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and the certified breast center of the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden. She concentrates on gynaecological oncology and is also a certified breast surgeon in accordance with AWOgyn. In addition, she practices plastic and reconstructive breast surgery.
Dr Buchen and her team rely on proven concepts and modern procedures for individualised treatment geared to the patient's needs and symptoms. Medical care at the highest quality level is guaranteed.
Gynecological Oncology – Interdisciplinary Care
Doctor Stefanie Buchen has many years of experience in treating gynaecological tumour diseases. The symptoms of her patients' diseases include:
- breast cancer
- ovarian cancer
- endometrial carcinoma
- cervical cancer
- tumours of the external genitalia
Diagnostics and therapy always take place interdisciplinary within so called tumor boards. Patients are thus cared for in a holistic and consistent manner beyond the boundaries of medicine's disciplines. Therapeutic options for gynaecological tumours vary according to the type of cancer. In addition to surgery (whereby the tumour tissue can be completely removed), there are further radiation therapies, chemotherapies or even drug therapies (e.g. with hormone modulators or antibodies). Dr Buchen always prepares for her patients an individual, regularly re-evaluated therapy plan. She intensively and personally cares for her patients' needs during treatment periods and afterwards as well. From diagnosis to therapy and aftercare – everything is included.
Breast Cancer – the Most Common Cancer Disease in Women
Mammary carcinoma or breast cancer is the most common tumour disease in women. Approximately one in three women will develop this tumour at some point in her life. However, when detected early, breast cancer can be cured. Five years after diagnosis, 87% of patients are still alive. The decisive factor for this improved survival rate in modern times is primarily due to early detection, far-reaching therapy concepts (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, medication) and care in highly specialized, interdisciplinary centres such as the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden under Doctor Buchen's direction.
The Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden is a certified breast center. In addition to many years of experience, the hospital guarantees its patients continuous quality assurance in accordance with current scientific knowledge. Dr Buchen and her colleagues master a wide range of today’s possible breast surgery methods. Thanks to complex technical imaging techniques, various approaches are possible such as gentle breast-conserving therapies, skin-conserving mastectomy treatment, and autologous breast reconstruction with own body tissue or implants.
In addition to breast cancer surgery and treatment, patients at the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic's Breast Center receive support for plastic reconstruction, breast malformations, or desired changes in breast size. Because of the routine nature of the procedures, complication rates are far below German average. In particular, patients are extremely satisfied.
In case of certain gene mutations (e.g. BRCA1, BRCA2), tumour diseases such as breast cancer or ovarian cancer are common and can often not be treated as easily. Dr Buchen and her team are always on hand to provide advice and possible prophylactic therapy (e.g. preventive mammary gland removal including reconstruction or ovariectomy and tubectomy). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist.
Cosmetic breast surgery: breast reduction, lifting or breast augmentation
As a certified breast surgeon, Dr Buchen also offers her experience in cosmetic breast surgery. The breast consultation clinic is the optimal opportunity for discussing one's own wishes and specific expectations regarding breast reduction or breast augmentation in a trusting conversation.
Here, one's individual starting circumstances, previous operations, risk factors and the associated feasibility of the desired operative change are taken into account. The results of the consultation are incorporated into an individual treatment plan, because sanitary safety is always the prime focus of all endeavours of the Asklepios Clinic in Wiesbaden.
For micromastia, an underdevelopment of the mammary gland, Dr Buchen and her team offer prosthetic implants, treatment using one's own tissue, or tissue transfer (lipofilling).
In the case of macromastia, an excessively enlarged breast, physical complaints can arise. After private consultations, these are treated surgically using various operative techniques, whilst at the same time physical balance is maintained.
Sagging breasts, which may arise after pregnancy or weight loss due to lost elasticity, are also corrected using techniques similar to those for breast reduction.
Other cosmetic surgeries performed by Dr Buchen include scar corrections and abdominoplasty.
Optimal treatment of benign gynaecological diseases using minimally invasive surgical techniques
The first important step for optimal treatment planning for benign gynaecological diseases is the correct diagnosis. A detailed medical history is taken by Dr Buchen and her team, which is supplemented by, and aligned with, a subsequent physical examination using ultrasound or CT and MRI.
If, during the course of this, benign diseases of the abdomen are diagnosed, such as an ovarian disorders, cysts, ectopic pregnancies, benign tumours or endometriosis, the planned therapy will be discussed together and will be absolutely custom-tailored to the patient.
The Asklepios Clinic offers both conservative and modern surgical treatment options. If surgery is necessary, this is usually performed using a minimally invasive procedure. This minimally invasive technique functions as a uterine endoscopy (hysteroscopy) or as an abdominal endoscopy (laparoscopy).
After local anaesthetic, a small skin incision is used to introduce a laparoscope into the abdomen, which is equipped with a video camera and allows a view of the organ, as well as minimally invasive operations.
- Specialist for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Languages: German, English, French
- 2006 Additional designation for special surgical gynaecology
- 2013 Additional designation for special gynaecological oncology
- Medical quality management
- Senior surgeon of the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology
- Certified breast surgeon with AWOgyn (working group for aesthetic, plastic and restorative operations in gynaecology) and examiner
- Working group for restorative operations in gynaecology (AWOgyn)
- Breast Competence Club, G-IMC-European Academy of Senology
- German Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- German Society of Senology
- German Society of Ultrasound, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Mammasonography
- SOPHIA (Association of leading women specialists on breast cancer)
Dr. med. Walter Müller MD
Leading Senior Physician
- Dr. med. Susanne Moritz MD
Senior Physician for Obstetrics
- Dr. med. Ruth Dander MD
- Dr. med. Susanne Renz MD
Wiesbaden Central Station
Mainz Central Station
Frankfurt (Main) Airport
Information about WiesbadenMORE
Benefits programme on siteMORE
Wertheim Village, a special kind of luxury outlet, is nestled in the picturesque vineyards of Franconia. With over 110 designer boutiques, Wertheim Village offers reductions of up to 60% compared to the previously recommended retail price.
Situated in the heart of Wiesbaden, this traditional hotel has been a permanent character piece since 1813 and is one of the true grand hotels of today. It's the living room of the state capital and an 'urban retreat' for guests from all over the world at the same time.
The Villa Rothschild Kempinski is a historical 5-star hotel not far from Frankfurt am Main. It boasts a view far beyond the historical castle of Kronberg and offers patients who require appropriate medical treatment a place of rest and relaxation.
The Falkenstein Grand Kempinski is a 5-star-superior hotel not far from the pulsating Main metropolis in the heart of the Taunus. It is surrounded by a 6-ha park and a breath-taking skyline view of Frankfurt. Built in 1909 by order of Emperor Wilhelm II, the historical villa-complex featuring 112 rooms, suites, apartments, and a penthouse offers patients the necessary peace of mind, perfect comfort, service, and culinary delights.
Villa Kennedy is the first of three Rocco Forte hotels in Germany and is located on Frankfurt's Kennedyallee, on the south bank of the Main. The elegant 5-star superior hotel is centred on Villa Speyer, which was built in 1904 as the residence of a Frankfurt banking family and is today considered a true haven of peace in the bustling financial metropolis.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Dr Stefanie Buchen
Asklepios Paulinen Clinic, Wiesbaden
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Certified Breast Centre
Geisenheimer Straße 10, D-65197 Wiesbaden