Information about Dr Stefanie Buchen
- Breast cancer
- Benign gynaecological diseases
- Malignant gynaecological diseases
- Plastic reconstructive breast surgery
- Aesthetic breast surgery
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Gynaecological examination
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Breast cancer diagnosis: Palpation, ultrasound examination, mammography, punch biopsy
- Diagnostic imaging: X-ray imaging, ultrasound examination, computed tomography, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging, bone scintigraphy
- Co-supervision of complex cases (e.g. gene carriers, family history)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Breast-conserving surgical methods and oncoplastic breast surgery (breasts can now be conserved in nearly 80% of patients)
- Breast removal with immediate reconstruction
- Skin-conserving or nipple-conserving removal of the mammary gland with immediate reconstruction
- Subsequent breast reconstruction
- Prophylactic mammary gland removal with immediate reconstruction in the case of hereditary breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node removal (sentinel node biopsy)
- All reconstruction operations (implants, abdominal tissue, autografting from the abdomen and back and nipple reconstruction)
- Radical tumour surgery
- Care of concomitant chemotherapies (with or without anti-hormone treatment, antibody therapy) in the interdisciplinary oncological day clinic
- Interdisciplinary patient care
Dr Stefanie Buchen MD is a specialist in gynaecology and obstetrics as well as a chief physician in the clinic for gynaecology, obstetrics and the certified breast centre of the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden. She specialises in gynaecology–oncology and is also a certified breast surgeon in accordance with AWOgyn specialising in plastic and reconstructive breast surgery.
Dr Buchen and her team rely on proven concepts and modern procedures for individualised treatment geared to the needs and symptoms of the patient. The highest quality of treatment is guaranteed.
Gynaecological oncology – interdisciplinary care
Dr. med. Stefanie Buchen has many years of experience in treating gynaecological tumour diseases. Symptoms of her patients include breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrial carcinoma, cervical cancer and tumours of the external genitalia. Diagnostics and therapy always take place within interdisciplinary tumour boards. The patients are thus cared for in a holistic and consistent manner beyond the specialist disciplines of medicine. The therapeutic options for the gynaecological tumours vary according to the type of cancer. In addition to surgery (whereby the tumour tissue can be completely removed), there are additional radiation therapies, chemotherapy or even drug therapy (e.g. with hormone modulators or antibodies). An individual therapy plan, which is regularly re-evaluated, is always prepared for the patients. Dr. Buchen intensively and personally cares for her patients over the period of the treatment and also afterwards. From diagnosis to therapy and aftercare – everything under one roof.
Breast cancer – the most common cancer in women
Mammary carcinoma or breast cancer is the most common tumour disease in women. Approximately one in 3 women will develop this tumour at some point in her life. However, when detected early, breast cancer can be cured. Five years after diagnosis, 87% of patients are still alive. The decisive factor for this improved survival in modern times is primarily improved early detection, far-reaching therapy concepts (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, medication) and care in highly specialised, interdisciplinary centres such as In the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden under the direction of Dr. Buchen.
The Asklepios Paulinen Clinic in Wiesbaden is certified as a breast centre. In addition to many years of experience, patients are guaranteed continuous quality assurance in accordance with current scientific knowledge.
Dr Buchen and her colleagues thus have a mastery of a wide range of possible breast operations. Thanks to complex technical imaging techniques, gentle breast-conserving therapies, skin-conserving mastectomy techniques, autologous breast reconstruction or implants are often possible.
In addition to the surgery and treatment of breast cancer, the patients in the breast centre of the Asklepios Paulinen Clinic also receive support for plastic reconstructive measures, breast malformations or even breast augmentations/reductions. Because of the routine procedures, complication rates are far below the German-wide average. Above all, the patients are extremely satisfied.
In the case of certain gene mutations (e.g. BRCA1, BRCA2), tumour diseases such as breast cancer and ovarian cancer are familial and often occur earlier or cannot be treated as readily. Dr Buchen and her team are always on hand to provide advice and possible prophylactic therapy (e.g. preventive mammary gland removal including reconstruction or ovariectomy and tubectomy). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist.
The website of Dr Stefanie Buchen can be found here.
- Specialist for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Languages: German, English, French
- 2006 Additional designation for special surgical gynaecology
- 2013 Additional designation for special gynaecological oncology
- Medical quality management
- Senior surgeon of the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology
- Certified breast surgeon with AWOgyn (working group for aesthetic, plastic and restorative operations in gynaecology) and examiner
- Working group for restorative operations in gynaecology (AWOgyn)
- Breast Competence Club, G-IMC-European Academy of Senology
- German Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- German Society of Senology
- German Society of Ultrasound, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Mammasonography
- SOPHIA (Association of leading women specialists on breast cancer)
Dr. med. Walter Müller MD
Leading Senior Physician
- Dr. med. Susanne Moritz MD
Senior Physician for Obstetrics
- Dr. med. Ruth Dander MD
- Dr. med. Susanne Renz MD
Wiesbaden Central Station
Mainz Central Station
Frankfurt (Main) Airport
Information about WiesbadenMORE
Benefits programme on site
The Villa Rothschild Kempinski is a historical 5-star hotel not far from Frankfurt am Main. It boasts a view far beyond the historical castle of Kronberg and offers patients who require appropriate medical treatment a place of rest and relaxation.
Wertheim Village, a special kind of luxury outlet, is nestled in the picturesque vineyards of Franconia. With over 110 designer boutiques, Wertheim Village offers reductions of up to 60% compared to the previously recommended retail price.
The Falkenstein Grand Kempinski is a 5-star-superior hotel not far from the pulsating Main metropolis in the heart of the Taunus. It is surrounded by a 6-ha park and a breath-taking skyline view of Frankfurt. Built in 1909 by order of Emperor Wilhelm II, the historical villa-complex featuring 112 rooms, suites, apartments, and a penthouse offers patients the necessary peace of mind, perfect comfort, service, and culinary delights.
Villa Kennedy is the first of three Rocco Forte hotels in Germany and is located on Frankfurt's Kennedyallee, on the south bank of the Main. The elegant 5-star superior hotel is centred on Villa Speyer, which was built in 1904 as the residence of a Frankfurt banking family and is today considered a true haven of peace in the bustling financial metropolis.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Dr Stefanie Buchen
Asklepios Paulinen Clinic, Wiesbaden
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Certified Breast Centre
Geisenheimer Straße 10, D-65197 Wiesbaden