Breast Cancer Specialists Dusseldorf: Dr Maren Darsow and Dr Oksana Möller
- Oncoplastic breast cancer operations including tumour-adapted breast reduction and advancement flaps
- Reconstructive breast surgery (with implant, with own tissue)
- Tumour-adapted breast reduction
- Prophylactic mammary gland removal with immediate reconstruction in the case of hereditary breast cancer
- Breast reductions, breast enlargements and breast lifts
- Benign breast changes or breast cancer in men
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Ultrasound breast scan
- Punch biopsy of the breast
In-house Cooperation Partners:
- Radiological diagnostics (MRT/CT/mammography etc.)
- Laboratory Medicine
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Breast-conserving operations
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Tumour-adapted breast reduction
- Primary reconstructions with the latest generation of implants
- Autologous reconstructions (own tissue)
- Prophylactic mammary gland removal with immediate reconstruction in case of hereditary breast cancer
- All implant reconstruction techniques
- Breast reduction, breast augmentation (breast reduction and breast enlargement)
- Correction of congenital malformations
- Lipofilling with autologous fat
- Therapy planning in the tumour board
- Enabling participation in clinical trials
- Expert opinion before breast surgery
- Second opinion in complicated situations
- Benign breast changes or breast cancer in men
About Competence Centre for Breast Surgery and Breast Health at the Luisen Hospital
Under direction of Chief Physicians Dr Darsow and Dr Möller, the Competence Center for breast surgery and breast health at the Luisen Hospital is a highly specialised clinic for the treatment of breast cancer and benign breast diseases.
Thanks to the medical and nursing team’s extensive know-how and greatest possible experience, patients are offered diagnostics and therapy at a nationally recognized and known level. Each patient is viewed as her own personality with her own story to tell, receiving holistic, personal, and customized care.
In order to enable the best individual treatment, the team offers patients in addition to all-round care and 24-hour availability access to most modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods.
Many Years of Experience and Specialization in Breast Cancer Treatment
The team around Dr Darsow and Dr Möller has many years of experience in the surgical treatment of breast cancer. More than 700 interventions are carried out every year. Thanks to this background and most modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods availlable, patients can - in most cases - receive breast-conserving treatment.
The ultimate goal of breast cancer specialists is to cure. In order to make healing possible, the doctors at the Breast Center primarily rely on personal and individual woman-to-woman care. Beneficial are, in addition, the excellent nursing team provided, the psycho-oncological advice, and the voluntary care by the so called ‘International Senology Initiative e.V.’. Last but not least, the close cooperation with the radiology, radiation, and oncology clinics is of great advantage.
Short Distances at the Breast Center of the Luisen Hospital Dusseldorf
The excellent location of the Luisen Hospital at the Medical Center Dusseldorf also allows for rapid and precise diagnosis and treatments. At the medical clinic, radiological diagnostic experts of the breast work in cooperation with the ‘MVZ radios team’ (radiology). There is also a clinic for pathology and cytology located in the facility, where tissue samples taken are immediately examined and evaluated. Collaborations of other areas are located directly in-house as well, such as the laboratory medicine department or the ‘International Senology Initiative e.V.’ (as mentioned above), a support group for women with breast cancer and their relatives.
The modern and technically high-quality equipment of the operating theatres enables the implementation of highly complex inpatient interventions. From diagnosis to therapy, women are in best hands at the Luisen Hospital Breast Center.
Furthermore, it is possible to take part in clinical studies and therefore, to be treated with most advanced therapy methods used in research for new therapeutic approaches. In 2005, the Luisen Hospital introduced its own research administration where clinical studies are organised and performed. The goal is to develop new therapy techniques for improving standard treatments. The research studies are conducted under strict guidelines and external monitoring.
Participation in a study program guarantees a patient particularly intensive support through regular, exceptionally concise examinations.
A Familiar and Stylish Ambience Enhances Recovery
In the family and hotel-like environment of the Luisen Hospital breast cancer, patients can fully concentrate on treatment and recovery, in addition to receiving professional support. Spacious rooms, dedicated nursing staff, and a large selection of healthy meals reinforce rehabilitation. The trained culinary service crew happily caters to special dietary or cultural needs. The directly adjacent nature park ensures outdoors relaxation.
Dr Maren Darsow
- Since 2019: Chief Physician of the Luisen Hospital in Dusseldorf
- 2010: Senior Physician in charge and network coordinator at the Luisen Hospital in Dusseldorf
- 2001: Award: "Operator of the AWO"
- 2001: Additional training in naturopathic treatment
- 2000: Senior Physician at the Luisen Hospital in Dusseldorf
- Doctorate from Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf
- Examination to become a specialist in gynaecology
- 1997: Change to the Ulm University Hospital, where he set up a department for breast patients with Prof. Kühn
- Assistant doctor in the senology department at Gerresheim Hospital
- Academic study at the University of Dusseldorf,
Key Focus Areas:
- Individual advice on therapy planning
- Scar-saving operations
- Breast reconstruction
Dr Oksana Möller
- Since 2020: Chief Physician of the Breast Centre in Luisen Hospital
- Until the end of 2019: Senior Consultant at the Senology Clinic at Marien Hospital Dusseldorf
- 2010-2018: Senior Consultant at the Breast Centre Marien Hospital Dusseldorf
- 2005: PhD
- 2003-2010: Senior Consultant at the International Breast Centre of the Sana Clinics
- 1999: Completion of the examination to become a specialist in gynaecology and obstetrics; and then subsequently worked as a Senior Physician in gynaecology
- 1993-1999: Specialist training in gynaecology and obstetrics at the Kaiserwerther Diakonie women's clinic
- until 1992: Training in paediatrics
- 1990: Completion of medical studies in Russia with the state examination
Key Focus Areas:
- Oncoplastic, reconstructive and individual breast surgery
- Breast sonography
- Operational management for screening, imaging and clinic management
- Recognition as "Senior Breast Surgeon"
- Dr Maren Darsow
- Dr Oksana Möller
- Dr A. Tyll
- Serap Unyeli
- Dr A. Fischer
- Dr Y. Missaghian
- Dr rerum naturalis T. Schaber
|Dusseldorf Central Station||3 km|
|Dusseldorf Airport||11 km|
|Cologne/Bonn Airport||51 km|
Information About Dusseldorf
Düsseldorf is not only the capital of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. With 612,000 inhabitants, it is also the second-largest city in this federal state and the headquarters of many companies and banks relevant to the stock exchange. Thus, it is an important international business center with an airport.
Benefits Programme on Site
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines.
At the beginning of Düsseldorf's wonderful Königsallee awaits the Steigenberger Parkhotel. This elegant hotel is one of the best hotels in Düsseldorf. For more than 114 years, it has stood for modern tradition, cordial hospitality, and wonderful dining experiences.
The Excelsior Hotel Ernst is one of the last privately owned luxury hotels in the world. Family-owned since 1863, the 5 star luxury hotel fascinates guests from around the world. As the only member of the Leading Hotels of the World in Cologne, the Excelsior Hotel Ernst combines stylish tradition with modernity.
Steigenberger Hotel Cologne is located in the heart of Cologne just a few minutes from historical sites. The famous cathedral and the Rhine Promenade is a mere 20 minute walk. Other attractions can be easily reached via metro or bus. The Rudolfplatz is located directly next to the hotel.
Guests from all over the world associate the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg with fascinating history, spacious architecture and a unique view of the beautiful Rhine River Valley. Guests will encounter a luxurious hotel with culinary offerings of great versatility and exclusivity.
Experience Essen's most beautiful side. Centrally located yet close to nature, the Sheraton Essen Hotel offers you modern rooms and suites, all overlooking the city or the idyllic city park.
Competence Centre for Breast Surgery and Breast Health at the Luisen Hospital
Dr Maren Darsow and Dr Oksana Möller
Luisenkrankenhaus GmbH & Co. KG
Luise-Rainer-Strasse 6-10, D-40235 Dusseldorf
T: +49 211 9232 3133
F: +49 211 4477 3399