Information about Dr Matthias Riedl
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Insulin pump therapy (blood glucose control using insulin pumps)
- Nutritional therapy for all known indications among others, rheumatism, intestinal disorders, migraine, osteoporosis, hypertension, fatty liver, obesity, renal failure, diabetes, osteoarthritis, autoimmune diseases, food intolerance, stomach disorders, underweight, multiple sclerosis, cancer, eczema, pregnancy, sports nutrition
- Obesity therapy in individual and group coaching
- Aftercare and preparation for bariatric surgery or aversion of obesity surgery
- Treatment of all diabetic complications (e.g. diabetic foot, vascular disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetic retinopathy)
Range of diagnostic services
- Blood glucose measurements: fasting blood glucose test, random blood glucose test, oral glucose tolerance test, hbA1C (long-term glucose levels in the blood)
- Control of other organ systems: kidneys, blood vessels, heart, sensitivity of the hands and feet (neuropathy), eye checks
- Echocardiography, sonography, long-term blood pressure measurement.ECG, H2 breath tests
Range of therapeutic services
- Nutritional medical history and therapy (cure or alleviation through nutrition optimisation, particularly type 2 diabetes) in collaboration with nutritionists, psychotherapists, sports trainers
- Multidisciplinary care for diabetic patients (interdisciplinary treatment by experts in the various disciplines)
- Learning to ensure the correct blood sugar level
- Awareness training for hypoglycaemia
- Alleviating strong blood sugar fluctuations
- Blood pressure training
- Pump centre: advice on acquisition, usage and use of an insulin pump
- Treatment of sequelae: angiology, cardiology, nephrology, ophthalmology
- Interdisciplinary group therapies for weight loss (MOBILIS, DocWeight)
Dr. med. Matthias Riedl is a specialist in diabetology and managing director and medical director of medicum Hamburg GmbH. Dr. Riedl along with his team offers diabetic patients and patients with diet-related diseases holistic care medical services at the highest level.
medicum Hamburg - all specialists under one roof
medicum Hamburg offers patients an expert team of more than 100 employees from different disciplines with comprehensive medical care at the highest level of medical knowledge. Doctors have many years of experience, especially in the field of diabetology.
At the site of the Berliner Tor, numerous disciplines are found in practice:
- General Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Nutritional medicine
This pooling of departments under one roof allows patients of Dr. med. Matthias Riedl a holistic treatment tailored to their needs.
The diabetes specialist for a life with diabetes
Dr. med. Matthias Riedl has written several books on the subject of diabetes and food and teaches on these topics nationally and internationally at universities and conferences. He is known throughout Germany as one of the leading experts in this field.
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder, involving chronically elevated blood glucose levels and therefore long-term sequelae. The widespread disease diabetes requires holistic therapeutic care, because over the years patients with this chronic disease may experience many different kinds of subsequent problems. Late complications such as cardiovascular disease (e.g., heart attack, hypertension, vasoconstriction), stroke or diabetic foot (wound healing), among others can occur.
medicum Hamburg is considered Germany's leading diabetes centre. Since 2006, Dr. Riedl has also developed the largest German Centre for Prevention and Nutrition, which breaks new ground in the relief and cure of diet-related diseases. In the early stages, the chances of a cure for type 2 diabetes is likely with consistent interdisciplinary nutrition therapy. At the diabetes practice, there is a centre for medical insulin pumps, an obesity centre, a psychotherapy centre and an associated GP centre.
Diabetes mellitus – not a harmless disease
Nearly 10% of the German population suffers from diabetes mellitus. These numbers will probably increase with the continued aging of the population. With Dr. med. Riedl, you have found a diabetes specialist with years of experience in this disease, who will be happy to accompany you through all the stages of your condition.
The long-term consequences of chronic diabetes are not to be underestimated - occurring as a result of high blood glucose levels damaging the blood vessels, which can lead to severe circulatory disorders of the arms and legs, a heart attack, a stroke, retinal changes leading to blindness, and many other problems.
So do not hesitate if you have diabetes and your blood sugar is not well regulated. Contact Dr. med. Matthias Riedl and get your quality of life back. Even with late stage consequences, you've come to the right place by choosing Dr. Riedl. With his versatile cheerful team he will be happy to help!
The nutrition specialist - for all dietary disorders
Well over half of the population is overweight. Effective medical treatments are not only lacking in Germany. Currently, more than 70% of diseases in Germany are nutrition related or can be alleviated by a good diet. Dr. Riedl has developed a treatment concept with his team of nutritionists and doctors that closes this gap. His centre is a pioneer in the field of nutrition therapy. Obesity operations are prepared or followed up here, or prevented on request.
You can find Dr. Riedl's website here.
- Dr. Markus Salomon
- Dr. Matthias Jacobi
- Dr. Heike Lengeling
- Anne-Kathrin Schwarz
- Dr. Christina Seidel
- Dr. Susanne Krieglsteiner
- Dr. Sandra Valentin
- Dr. Sebastian Großer
|Main Station of Hamburg||1.7 km|
|Hamburg Airport||11 km|
Information about HamburgMORE
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.