Dr Markus Preis and Dr Katrin Diener: Foot Surgery in Wiesbaden, Hesse, Germany
- Hallux valgus, rigid big toe (Hallux rigidus)
- Deformities of toes (e.g. hammer and claw toes), complex forefoot deformities after pre-surgery, childhood deformities of the foot
- Articulated foot/flat foot/hollow foot
- Heel pain, Achilles tendon disorders
- Neurological diseases of the foot (Morton’s neuroma/tarsal tunnel syndrome)
- Arthrosis of the upper and lower ankle joint and the tarsus, endoprosthetics of the upper ankle joint
- Rheumatic orthopaedics (hand, foot, and ankle)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Physical examination (i.a. mobility, function, pain, gait)
- 4D measurement technique with gait analysis and foot pressure measurement (e.g., for precise insole treatment)
- Digital radiological accompanying examination (e.g., for the assessment of joint and bone structures)
- Sonographic Imaging
- DVT examination: digital volume tomography with cross-sectional imaging of 0.2mm, 5-fold lower radiation dose than with a conventional CT
- Laboratory investigations (e.g., inflammatory parameters, rheumatoid factors)
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Hallux valgus: Insole treatment, shoe adjustments, surgical treatment such as soft tissue correction of the big toe, exostosis removal, axial bone correction (Chevron operation, Scarf operation, proximal conversion), TMT-1 stiffening (Lapidus operation)
- Rigid big toe (Hallux rigidus): Insole fitting, shoe fittings, joint-preserving operations, cheilectomy, Moberg operation, arthrodesis (joint stiffness), resection arthroplasty
- Toe deformities: Rein therapy using bandages/tapes for hammer toes or claw toes, insole treatment, surgical interventions (because of bone or tendon changes)
- Articulated foot/flat foot/hollow foot: Insoles, physiotherapy, medicinal support including injections, surgical correction of the longitudinal arch of the foot and the axis of the hind foot and toes
- Achilles tendon injuries/inflammation: depending on severity of injury – protection, medication by means of injections (anti-inflammatory), bandages, stretching, massage, ultrasound and shock wave treatment, physiotherapy; if necessary, surgery
- Neurological diseases: Deposits, injections; if necessary, surgical measures
- Arthrosis of the upper ankle joint: stage-adapted surgical techniques of joint-preserving adjustments and reconstruction of the hind foot axis, implantation of ankle prostheses, arthrodesis (stiffening)
- Arthroses of the lower ankle joint and the tarsus: Insoles, shoe fittings, physiotherapy, injections, arthrodesis (stiffening)
- Childhood deformity of the foot: Special insoles, physiotherapy in the sense of spiral dynamics; if necessary, surgery (sinus tarsi implants)
- Rheumatic orthopaedics (foot and ankle): Insoles, shoe fittings, custom orthopaedic shoes, injections, all surgical techniques
About Aukamm Orthopaedic Clinic – Centre for Foot Surgery
Dr Markus Preis and Dr Katrin Diener are specialists in foot surgery as well as co-owners and head doctors of the orthopaedic group practice at the HELIOS Aukamm Clinic in Wiesbaden. The treatment specializations of Dr Preis and Dr Diener include foot surgery, ankle endoprosthetics, and orthopaedic-rheumatic surgery on hands and feet.
Personal Support by Qualified Foot Specialists
The main focus of the orthopaedic practice is on the surgical sector, especially on foot and ankle surgery, with over 1,000 surgical interventions performed annually. Thereby, emphasis is laid on openness, information exchange and trust as the basis for a successful collaboration between the patient and the physician. HELIOS Aukamm-Klinik is a specialist hospital for orthopaedics and surgical rheumatology. In March 2018, the Aukamm Clinic orthopaedic joint practice and the HELIOS Aukamm Clinic received certification as a "Centre of Maximum Care for Foot and Ankle Surgery".
At the Aukamm Orthopaedic Clinic, great value is placed on working with focus on patients’ needs. Patient care is performed continuously without changing responsibilities, so that patients can be treated by one specialist from the very diagnosis, through therapy all the way to follow-up care.
In addition to the specialist area of foot surgery, the medical team at the orthopaedic practice clinic also has many years of experience in the field of knee and hip endoprosthetics, as well as arthroscopic procedures on knee and shoulder joints. Paediatric orthopaedics, rheumatic surgery and hand surgery are also represented alongside pain therapy for the vertebral column.
Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics - Surgical and Conservative
The causes of pain in feet or ankles may be diverse. Therefore, patient-oriented, target-oriented and precise diagnostics are of crucial importance. Alongside the surgical division, Dr Preis and Dr Diener are experts in chiropractic therapy, among other things, and look after sportsmen and women, from amateur to professional athletes. The anatomical axes and the vertebral column are measured using the 4-dimensional measuring method. An individualised production of foot orthotic is made possible owing to the static and dynamic foot pressure distribution measurement. In order to optimise patient care, the patients are attended by a sports scientist who, as a former German top-ranking athlete in track and field athletics, knows exactly "where it hurts the most"! Patients can therefore turn trustingly to Dr Preis and Dr Diener who will provide them with optimal advice and support regarding both non-surgical and surgical options.
Get Back to Pain-Free Walking!
Every day over the course of our lifetime, our feet must carry us for innumerable steps. This great task leaves behind many traces - oftentimes due to badly fitting footwear. Thus, many complain about the sensation of heavy feet in the evenings, as well as of painful pressure points or deformed toes. All these complaints can be certainly alleviated with appropriate footwear with insoles properly adapted to your needs, and possibly also with further therapies. Go ahead and confidently turn to our foot surgery specialists in Wiesbaden. They will help you getting back on your feet soon - light-footed and pain free.
Medical Studies in Frankfurt
Training as a specialist Physician in orthopaedics at the hospitals of St. Martin in Koblenz, Diakonie in Bad Kreuznach and at the Westpfalz Clinic in Kusel
Senior Physician of the Department of Orthopaedics (focus on Rheumatology Orthopaedics) at the Westpfalz Clinic, in Kusel
Leading Physician of Orthopaedics and Rheumatology, Aukamm Clinic, Wiesbaden
Founding Centre for Foot Surgery, Wiesbaden
- Dr Andreas Kiekenbeck
Leading Physician (shoulder surgery, knee surgery, reconstructive to endoprosthetics, elbow surgery)
- Dr Alexander Mayer
Leading physician (endoprosthetics for knee and hip, hip arthroscopy)
- Dr Dirk Eiwanger
Leading physician (endoprosthetics for knee and hip)
- Dr Sotirius Selimas
Senior Physician (general orthopaedics, foot surgery)
- Mirella Conrad
- Dr Kristin Gemmeker
- Dr Wolfgang Gehrke
Private doctor (conservative orthopaedics, acupuncture, sports medicine, injection therapy, sports medicine consultations)
Dr Markus Preis
- Additional qualification: Chirotherapy
- Additional Qualification: Sports Medicine
- D.A.F. (Deutsche Assoziation für Fuß und Sprunggelenk, German Association for Foot and Ankle Surgery) Certificate for foot surgery
- Physician for diagnostic radiology of the skeleton
- Specialist knowledge of DVT
- Reference surgeon for upper ankle joint prosthesis H3-HINTEGRA
- Developer of foot implants for the company Zimmer-Biomet International
- Instructor and Consultant for international Bioscil surgery courses
- Developer of orthopaedic aids for foot and ankle
Dr Katrin Diener
- Additional qualification in chirotherapy
- Additional qualification in foot surgery
- Additional qualification in physical therapy/balneology
- Sub-specialisation in rheumatology
- D.A.F. Certificate in foot surgery
- Doctor for radiological diagnostics skeleton
- DVT technical qualification
- Fully digital X-ray system for a maximum beam reduction
- C-Arm Digital X-Ray
- Digital volume tomograph SCS, DVT
- Ultrasound scanner
- Shock wave system
- 4-D motion analysis with WS-measurement, leg axis, pedobarography
Wiesbaden Central Railway Station
Mainz Central Railway Station
Frankfurt am Main Airport
Frankfurt am Main Central Railway Station
Information About WiesbadenMORE
Benefits Programme on Site
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines.
Experience magical moments: With the highest visitor numbers and payout rates, the Wiesbaden Casino is number one at the Rhine-Main region. So you should definitely plan a trip to one of the most beautiful casinos in Europe. Enjoy the stylish ambience and the thrills. Wheather a classic game or Vegas flair at the slot machines. You can look forward to an unforgettable evening.
Wertheim Village, a special kind of luxury outlet, is nestled in the picturesque vineyards of Franconia. With over 110 designer boutiques, Wertheim Village offers reductions of up to 60% compared to the previously recommended retail price.
Situated in the heart of Wiesbaden, this traditional hotel has been a permanent character piece since 1813 and is one of the true grand hotels of today. It's the living room of the state capital and an 'urban retreat' for guests from all over the world at the same time.
Aukamm Orthopaedic Clinic – Centre for Foot Surgery
Dr Markus Preis and Dr Katrin Diener
Orthopaedic Joint Practice, Centre for Foot Surgery, Wiesbaden
Leibnizstraße 21, D-65191 Wiesbaden
T: +49 611 9524 4004
F: +49 611 1899 705
Monday: 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 3:00–5:00 p.m.
Other appointments upon request