Information about Univ.-Prof. Dr Marcus Hacker
Diagnosis by means of PET/CT, PET/MRT and SPECT/CT of:
- Oncological diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Neuropsychiatric diseases
Diagnosis and therapy for:
- Thyroid cancer
- Prostate carcinomas
- Liver tumours
- Neuroendocrine tumours
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Outpatient scintigraphy clinic (bones, lung, heart, kidney, inflammations amongst other things)
- Outpatient thyroid clinic: Enlargements, thyroid nodes, benign thyroid diseases (e.g. Morbus Basedow, Hashimoto Thyreoiditis), thyroid carcinomas
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Metastasised prostate carcinoma (prostate gland cancer) with 223Radium (Xofigo) and 177Lu-PSMA therapy
- Radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer, thyroid hyperfunction
- SIRT therapy for liver tumours
- Pain therapy for bone metastases
- Radiopeptide therapy for Neuroendocrine Tumours (NET)
- Zevalin treatment of malignant lymphoma
Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Marcus Hacker is a university professor of the Medical University of Vienna and Manager of the Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine at Vienna General Hospital (Allgemeinen Krankenhaus Wien -AKH). He and his team have many years of practical experience and the most modern medical technology at their disposal enabling them to care for nuclear medicine patients in the best possible way.
The Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Medical University of Vienna has over 90 employees, a therapy unit, 16 beds, the most modern device technology and an efficient radiopharmacy department (equipped, amongst other things, with a cyclotron) that is one of the largest departments of its kind in Europe.
Prof. Hacker and his colleagues form an experienced nuclear medical research and competency centre. Nuclear medicine is a specialist field in medicine in which radioactive compounds (so called “radiopharmaceuticals”) are used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. With the aid of these selected pharmaceuticals, the function of organs and tissues can be assessed which in turn leads to an improved diagnosis and the possibility of using molecularly oriented therapy. Interdisciplinary co-operation is very distinct in this specialist field. This creates a close co-operation between doctors of the most diverse specialisations, radiological technologists, care staff, biomedical analytics, pharmacists, physicists, biologists, mechatronics engineers and many others.
In the sector of imaging diagnostics all nuclear medicine procedures are provided such as thyroid, skeletal, lung, brain and heart examinations as well as inflammation diagnostics in SPECT and SPECT/CT technology.
The department also has PET/CT and PET/MR scanners which are used in combination with a wide range of radiopharmaceuticals for individual and customised diagnosis and therapy concepts. This is where close co-operation with the Comprehensive Cancer Centre (CCC) and numerous university clinics is of crucial importance.
Nuclear medical treatment of thyroid, liver, prostate or neuroendocrine tumours by means of beta and alpha rays are a further priority of the department.
Click here to access the website of Prof. Hacker.
|1989 - 1998||Human Medicine Course (Erlangen and Munich)
Dissertation “Clinical Significance of Myocardial Perfusion Scintigraphy and First-Pass”.
|05/2002||Radio Nuclide Ventriculography for Diagnosis of Transplant Vasculopathy on Patients after Orthotopic Heart Transplant.|
|1998 - 2007||Scientific Assistant in the Clinic and Outpatient Clinic of Nuclear Medicine of LMU Munich.|
|05/2004||Recognition as a Specialist in Nuclear Medicine, recognition of specialist knowledge in radiation protection.|
|As of 10/2007||Senior Physician for Cardiovascular Imaging and Deputy Manager of PET/CT at the Clinic and Outpatient Department for Nuclear Medicine of LMU Munich|
|05/2008||Habilitation “Combined Morphological-Functional Imaging of Coronary Heart Disease: Development of a Non-Invasive Diagnosis Strategy in Consideration of Nuclear Medicine Investigation Technology.|
|As of 01/2009||Chief Consultant and Deputy Director of the Clinic and Outpatient Clinic for Nuclear Medicine of LMU Munich.|
|As of 01/2012||Manager of the Pre-Clinical Imaging Department.|
|07/2012||Awarded extraordinary professorship from LMU Munich.|
|Since 07/2013||University Professor of Nuclear Medicine and Manager of the Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Medical University of Vienna.|
- Member of the Executive Board of the DGN (German Society of Nuclear Medicine), Secretary since 01/2016
- Member of the Executive Board of the Austrian Society of Nuclear Medicine, President Elect since 2015
- Chair of the Cardiovascular Committee of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine
- Chairman of the Cardiovascular Nuclear Medicine Committee of the DGN
- Member of the Advisory Council of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine
- 09/2006 Dagmar Eißner Award for Nuclear Medicine: Outstanding Achievement: “Multislice Spiral CT Angiography in the non-invasive detection of functionally relevant coronary artery lesions: a comparison with Myocardial SPECT”
- 07/2007 Wolfgang Becker Award for Nuclear Medicine: Outstanding Achievement: “64-Slice Spiral CT Angiography does not predict the functional relevance of coronary artery stenoses in patients with stable angina”
- Multiple awards for committee members
- Asst.-Prof. PD Dr. Alexander Haug
1st Deputy Manager, divisional management of therapy
- Assoc. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Georgios Karanikas
2nd Deputy Manager, divisional management of PET/CT
- Assoc. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Anton Staudenherz
Divisional management of outpatient scintigraph clinic
- Asst.-Prof. Dr. Markus Hartenbach
Divisional management of PET/MRT
- Asst.-Prof. Dr. Tatjana Traub-Weidinger
Divisional management of neuro nuclear medicine
- Assoc. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Shuren Li
Divisional management of outpatient thyroid clinic
- Close co-operation with the Comprehensive Cancer Centre and other university clinics (particularly with the fields of internal medicine (endocrinology, cardiology, gastroenterology), neurology and psychiatry, etc.)
- Thyroid outpatient clinic: Joint outpatient clinic with endocrine surgery.
|Vienna West Railway Station||4 km|
|Vienna Main Railway Station||6 km|
|Vienna Airport||22 km|
Information about ViennaMORE
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Grand Hotel Vienna
The Grand Hotel Vienna is one of the most modern and luxurious hotels in Europe. Its location in the heart of Vienna is unique – right next to the ring road and only a few steps away from the State Opera and the beginning of Kärntnerstraße. The five-star deluxe hotel, which is part of the “Leading Hotels of the World,” combines extravagant features, high-quality service, and exquisite gastronomy.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Univ.-Prof. Dr Marcus Hacker
Manager of the Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine
Medical University of Vienna
University Clinic of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine
Währinger Gürtel 18-20, A-1090 Vienna