Information about Prof Dr Ingo Fietze
- Insomnia (difficulty in falling asleep and staying asleep)
- Sleep-based breathing disorders (e.g. snoring, sleep apnoea syndrome)
- Restless Legs Syndrome (movement disorders during sleep)
- Parasomnias (e.g. sleepwalking, grinding of the teeth)
- Disorders of the sleep-wake cycle (e.g., jet lag, shift work syndrome)
- Prevention seminars (employee training for companies regarding a healthy sleep-wake behaviour)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- 4–6 channel system to screen for suspected sleep-related breathing disorders
- Polysomnography (individually expandable)
- Channel screening of sleep-based breathing disorders and movement disorders in sleep
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
- Wax holding test
- Cognitive performance tests, reaction time test, actigraphy
- Oesophageal motility, blood pressure, respiratory gas measurement
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Diagnosis and treatment of sleep-related respiratory disorders:
Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome, central sleep apnoea syndrome, nocturnal hypoventilation syndrome
- Narcolepsy, hypersomnia, disorders of the sleep-wake rhythm
- Childhood sleep disorders
- Movement disorders during sleep:
Restless legs syndrome, periodic limb movement syndrome-
- All types of difficulties in falling and remaining asleep
- Night terrors, sleepwalking, behavioural disorders during sleep, gnashing of teeth
- Nasal positive airway pressure
- Check-ups in patients with artificial respiration
- Psychological care and patient education
- Operational, sleep medical-oriented health promotion (Lectures, seminars, workshops)
- Advice on the establishment of rest rooms in companies and institutions
- Special individual sleep medical examinations (actigraphy, sleep screening at home, polysomnography outside the sleep laboratory, e.g. hotel)
- The Sleep Academy Berlin offers special courses in Berlin for those who want to sleep and those who suffer from sleep disorders
- Consulting sports clubs, athletes and coaches on the sleep-wake and rest-activity rhythm as a tool to improve performance
- Advice for jetlag
- Visual sleep evaluation of the polysomnography (Scoring Centre)
- Sleep medical education for doctors and non-medical personnel (also in Russian and English)
- Clinical trials (e.g. pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical aids, consumer health care products, bed systems, lighting systems, apps, and wearables)
Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Fietze is a specialist in sleep medicine and director of the Interdisciplinary Center of Sleep Medicine at the Charité - Universtitätsmedizin Berlin. Together with his team of internists, neurologists, ENT doctors, medical physicists and psychologists, Prof. Fietze provides modern medical care at the highest level, which covers the full range of sleep disorders and sleep-associated disorders.
For many years, Prof. Fietze has devoted himself to the sleep disorders of his patients. After completing studies in biomedicine/biophysics and human medicine, Prof. Fietze underwent further training in pathophysiology and internal medicine well as Pulmonology (respiratory medicine) and Somnology (sleeping medicine) . Since 2005 he has been the director of the Interdisciplinary Sleep Medicine Centre of Charité.
The team of the Center of Sleep Medicine gathers all the know-how from many years of clinical experience and scientific research.
Among the specialties of Prof. Fietze and his team, the diagnosis and treatment of various sleep initiation and maintenance disorders, also called insomnia, are included. This can lead to mental as well as physical discomfort in case of prolonged existence. Especially for the needs of insomnia patients, Prof. Fietze and his team offers their own insomnia consultation hours.
The same applies to sleep-related breathing disorders such as sleep apnoea syndrome or simple snoring. With the help of modern test procedures, Prof. Fietze and his team are able to closely investigate sleep-disordered breathing in the sleep laboratory. After evaluating the results, they will discuss possible treatment approaches with you. Treatment is especially important if the sleep disorder leads to sequelae such as daytime sleepiness, cardiac arrhythmias, or elevated blood pressure. Psychological effects such as depression are also a reason to seek treatment.
In addition to insomnia and sleep-disordered breathing, Dr Fietze specialises in movement disorders such as restless legs syndrome. Also disorders such as narcolepsy, sleepwalking and gnashing of teeth are regularly treated successfully by Prof. Fietze and his team.
Another point of treatment are disorders of the sleep-wake cycle. Shift workers in particular frequently suffer from these disorders. Flights with time shifts can also lead to disorders in the sleep-wake cycle (i.e. jet lag).
In the Interdisciplinary Center of Sleep Medicine, both adults and children are examined, advised and treated in a highly professional and caring way. Through the interdisciplinary teamwork, all the possible causes of sleep orders can be dealt with in detail by qualified and experienced doctors.
For the therapy the team of Prof. Fietze works closely with medical colleagues from all disciplines. This facilitates you with the best possible treatment according to your individual needs.
Prof. Fietze and his team not only strive to make your therapy as successful as possible, but try to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patients regarding the determination of causes and the consequences and treatment options for insomnia in the future through continuous research.
Prof. Fietze offers measures for sleep-oriented workplace health care, medical education regarding sleep, special individual care for sleep medicine disorders, evaluation of sleep medicine data and cognitive behavioural therapy at the Sleep Academy Berlin and Somnico GmbH.
In addition, Prof. Fietze is chairman of the German Foundation for sleep (www.schlafstifung.de) and author of the books "Der Schlafquotient (Hoffmann & Campe 2006) and" Über guten und schlechten Schlaf "(Kein & Aber 2015).
Contact data of sleep clinic at the Charité:
T: +49 30 450 513 120
F: +49 30 450 513 906
Contact data of the sleep laboratory at the Charité:
T: +49 30 450 513 232
F: +49 30 450 513 959
|Biomedicine Biophysics Studies (Moscow)|
|Medical studies (Berlin)|
|1986||Doctoral thesis on the topic:
Microstructure of sleep in patients with chronic insomnia
|1989||Specialised training in pathophysiology (Charité Berlin)|
|2000||Specialised training in internal medicine (Charité Berlin)
Main area of focus in training: Pulmonology (Charité Berlin)
|2003||Habilitation (post-doctoral qualification) with the topic:
sympathovagal balance in patients with sleep-based breathing disorders
|1993 - 2005||Management of the Sleep Medicine Centre of Cardiology (Charité Berlin Mitte)|
|since 2005||Director of the Interdisciplinary Sleep Medicine Centre (Charité Berlin Mitte)|
|since 2011||Chairman of the German Foundation for sleep|
- Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Fietze
- Prof. Dr. rer. Physiol. Thomas Penzel
- Philipp Arens
Resident - ENT Clinic
- Dr. med. Alexander Blau
- Carmen Garcia
- Dipl.-Ing. Martin Glos
- Dr. rer. nat. Helmut Piazena
- Dr. med. Maria Platzeck
- Dr. med. Christoph Schöbel
Resident - Department of Cardiology
- Dr. med. Christian Veauthier
Specialist in Neurology and Psychiatry
- Bodo Weller
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Pneumology
- Dipl.-Psychologist Sandra Zimmermann
Project coordination, Training in sleep education
- Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Fietze
- Prof. Dr. rer. Physiol. Thomas Penzel
- Sandra Zimmermann
Project coordination Sleep Academy Berlin
- Thea Herold
Project Coordination Sleep Academy Berlin
- Julie Sarah Heimlich
- Dr. Edeltraud Körber
- Dr. Alexander Blau
ASR (ADVANCED SLEEP RESEARCH GmbH)
- Dr. Agathe Maurer
- Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Fietze
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Penzel
- Dr. med. Frank Donath
Responsible for Quality Management
- Katharina Lederer
A team of staff and doctors who speak Russian are available specially for the care of Russian-speaking patients. In addition to the English speaking, Spanish or French-speaking patients can also be taken care for.
|Berlin main station||1 km|
|Berlin-Tegel Airport||9 km|
|Berlin Schönefeld Airport||25 km|
Information about Berlin
The German capital of the province with the same name is located in the east of the Federal Republic of Germany. Berlin is the largest city in the country and the seat of government since 1999. The rivers Spree, Havel and smaller rivers and streams flow through the city. Furthermore, the cityscape is characterised by lakes, forests and parks, making Berlin one of the greenest capitals. The Berlin Mitte district is located in the centre of the 12 districts into which the city is divided.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
The Waldorf Astoria Berlin is a luxury hotel in the heart of Berlin City West. It combines incomparable design, proximity to Berlin's sights and superb service with an all-luxury stay for its guests.
Prof Dr Ingo Fietze
Direktor and Senior physician
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charité Mitte
Interdisciplinary Center of Sleep Medicine
Luisenstraße 13, D-10117 Berlin
Monday - Friday 9-13,
also by agreement between 14-18
Luisenstraße 55, D-10117 Berlin
T: +49 34 3050178334
F: +49 56 3050178356
Luisenstraße 54 - 55, D-10117 Berlin
T: +49 30 2888 677 0
F: +49 30 2888 677 590