Information about Prof. Dr Dr Martin E. Keck
- Stress-related diseases
- Anxiety disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Stress crisis
- Neurological diseases (dementia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease)
Range of Diagnostic Services
- State-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Worldwide leading detailed neurochemical laboratory diagnosis
- Doppler/duplex sonography of the brain supplying vessels
- Electro-neurography of motor and sensory nerves
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Internationally recognised sleep laboratory
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Psychotherapy (individual or group therapy as well as couple and family sessions)
- Personality coaching
- Acupuncture (ear acupuncture according to the NADA protocol)
- Neuropsychological assessment and training
- Occupational therapy (for professional reintegration)
- Movement therapy
- Nutrition counselling
- Art therapy
- Light therapy
- Pharmacotherapy (individual consultation and therapy with psychotropics) on the basis of detailed blood level determinations
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Psychosocial counselling
- Sleep clinic
Prof. Dr Dr Martin E. Keck is a specialist in psychiatry, psychotherapy, psychosomatics and neurology as well as director and chief physician of the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry.
The clinic is primarily concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and research of stress-related diseases. Therapy in the context of personalised medicine is always oriented to the needs and abilities of the patient.
Burnout Specialist in Munich
Prof. Keck is not only head of the clinic of the Max Planck Institute but also a recognised specialist for stress-related diseases such as burnout syndrome (classic exhaustion depression) and depression. He is the author of numerous publications on depression and stress and how these affect the human psyche. Due to his expertise in the field of stress-related diseases, Prof. Keck holds many lectures and is consulted by the public media as an expert in reporting on the topic.
“Burnout can be cured – it is not a failure or a lack of will”
It is important for Prof. Keck to clarify that general symptoms such as headaches, sleep problems, exhaustion and the feeling of helplessness are still being played down despite the current common knowledge. Burnout syndrome can still develop into severe depression syndrome. In addition to the risk factors of work overload, time pressure and loss of control, stress plays a major role as a factor influencing the development of the disease.
Brief, everyday stress does not harm our body. It is even necessary to adapt to new situations and to mobilize energy. Typically, stress hormone binding sites in the brain and pituitary gland quickly regulate this process and prevent it from progressing. However, with persistent chronic stress, the regulation of these hormones becomes inaccurate and malfunctioning, which in turn can lead to the development of burnout or even depression. In addition, this unbalanced hormone level leads to a restriction of neurogenesis (creation of new nerve cells) in the brain, which is significantly involved in the brain parts that are responsible for the regulation of our emotions.
Expert for all Forms of Depression
Depression is not only caused by burnout syndrome. There are many different forms of depression such as old age depression, seasonal depression (winter depression) or post-partum depression. Because the disease occurs very frequently and at any age, Prof. Keck’s specialist articles and guides on the topic of depression focus on the early detection of symptoms and the sensitisation to signs.
Individual Burnout and Depression Therapy according to the Latest Scientific Findings
Prof. Keck and his team are not only concerned with investigating the causes and physical processes in stress after illnesses but also offer patients individualised therapy. Different psychotherapeutic approaches are selected according to the needs of each patient. Active stress management exercises, autogenous training, and conversational therapy are prevailing healing techniques.
Further information can be found on Prof. Keck’s German website.
- International education in Munich, Basel, London and Zurich
- 1996–2005: Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Munich
- 2005–2014: Senior Physician at the Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich as well as Medical Director of the Swiss Private Clinic Clienia Schlössli in Oetwil am See/Zurich.
- From 2014: Appointment as Director and Chief Physician of the Clinic for Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology at the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Munich
- Dr Pierre Beitinger
Leading Senior Physician
- Dr Leonhard Schilbach
Managing Senior Physician
- Dr Samy Egli
- Dr Angelika Erhardt
Senior Physician, Manager of Outpatient Clinic
- Dr Martin Rein
Private Outpatient Clinic
- Treatment possible in German, English, and Russian
- Inpatients can use the following facilities in the clinic:
- Single and double rooms equipped with bath/WC, TV and telephone connection
- Swimming pool
- Gym with gymnastics and sports department under the direction of sports science
- Nutrition counselling
- Social Service
|Munich Central Station||5 km|
|Munich Airport||35 km|
Information about MunichMORE
Benefits programme on site
The legendary Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich is located on one of the world’s most famous boulevards, Maximilianstraße. The most exclusive luxury boutiques, galleries and museums as well as the Bavarian State Opera surround this extraordinary hotel.
“Arrive and feel good.frederics” – this is the motto of our apartment house “frederics MÜNCHEN CITY Schwabing” located right in the heart of the Bavarian capital, Munich. For more than ten years, our apartment house has been a fixture in the world of serviced apartments and enjoys great popularity with our guests.
Ingolstadt Village, one of nine European Chic Outlet Shopping® villages, is less than an hour from Munich and offers visitors a luxurious outlet shopping experience.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
The sporty, elegant 5-star Hotel St. Wolfgang in Bad Griesbach-Therme is close to the famous three-river city of Passau. Under one roof, this locale charmingly unites a first-class hotel and the Asklepios private clinic with its specialist areas: Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Urology, and Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Ruby Hotels - a Lean Luxury Design Hotel - five-star accommodation in the heart of the city at the price of a budget hotel. Small but attractive rooms with excellent features and relaxed design.
Prof. Dr Dr Martin E. Keck
Director of the clinic and Chief Physician
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry
Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics, and Neurology, Centre for Neurology
Kraepelinstr. 2-10, D-80804 München
Private Outpatient Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy:
By appointment at +49 89 30622 381