Specialist in Nephrology
Nephrology Doctor Munich Prof. Frank
- Clarification and treatment of all kidney diseases (renal insufficiency, acute/chronic kidney failure) as well as secondary consequences of renal insufficiency
- Immunological diseases of the kidneys, glomerulonephritis
- Inflammation of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Secondary kidney-related causes of high blood pressure (e.g. renal artery stenosis)
- Haemodialysis, haemodiafiltration, peritoneal dialysis/CAPD
- Preparation for kidney transplantation; post-transplant aftercare
- Lipid metabolism disorders; apheresis treatment
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Renal ultrasound
- Kidney biopsy
- Urine examination
- Ultrasound diagnostics (e.g. for clarification of renal artery stenosis), Doppler diagnostics (vascular ultrasound), organ ultrasound
- Long-term blood pressure measurement
- Long-term ECG, resting ECG, ergometry (stress ECG)
- Laboratory diagnostics
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Care and modification of therapy for kidney diseases (e.g. renal insufficiency)
- Dialysis (haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis (CAPD, chronic ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
- Lipid apheresis (DALI, direct absorption of lipoproteins; MONET, membrane filtration optimised novel extracorporeal treatment)
- Blood pressure adjustment (medicinal, behaviour modification)
- Care after organ transplantation
- Care and treatment of all forms of diabetes (type 1, type 2, pregnancy diabetes, nutritional medicine, medicinal therapy, diagnosis and therapy of diabetic sequelae)
- Patient training in high blood pressure or renal failure behaviour
Prof. Dr Helga Frank is a specialist for nephrology and Medical Director at the medical healthcare centre Nephrocare Starnberg GmbH.
Under the direction of Prof. Frank, Nephrocare Starnberg GmbH unites the internal medicine and nephrology practice with the affiliated dialysis centre. In a pleasant environment, Prof. Frank and her team individually diagnose and treat all kidney diseases as well as hypertension and lipid metabolism disorders at the highest professional and technical level.
Prof. Frank works closely with the neighbouring Starnberg Hospital and its nephrology department. Patients can be assured of short distances and brief waiting times in case of continuing diagnosis and clarification.
Kidney, High Blood Pressure, and Metabolic Diseases in the Hands of Specialists
Nephrology deals with kidney diseases and their effects as well as high blood pressure disorders. At Nephrocare Starnberg, all kidney conditions (e.g. glomerulonephritis, inflammation of the kidneys and urinary tract, kidney stones, renal insufficiency) are diagnosed and treated. Among other reasons, high blood pressure can be caused by changes in the kidney itself or the renal arteries. High blood pressure of unclear origin should therefore always be clarified by a kidney specialist. A good kidney function is essential for a long and qualitative life. If you have any questions or concerns or require a second opinion about your disease, please feel free to contact Prof. Frank.
Individualised Medicine with Focus on People
Prof. Frank's focus is on people and sets her attention on a person's needs first. In this way, she achieves the finest possible therapeutic approach and care for each patient individually to keep up the kidney function as long and as well as possible. Through changes in medications, nutrition, or lifestyle, it is often possible to prevent complete kidney failure and dialysis. Prof. Frank’s Nephrology Practice performs the necessary dialysis even if the kidney damage is irreversible and already well advanced.
Internal Medicine All-Round Package
In addition to the special field of nephrology, Prof. Frank is also responsible for internal medicine. Therefore, she is the right contact person for diseases of the heart, the vascular system, and the internal organs as well. Prof. Frank is proficient in general internal ultrasound and offers ECG examinations (including long-term and stress ECG) in her practice, among other things.
High blood pressure is a sample reason for a large proportion of myocardial infarctions, strokes, and kidney failures. Therefore, the proper adjustment of the patient’s blood pressure values is essential. It is important for patients to contact their doctor at an early stage in order to avoid possible complications.
At her private practice, Prof. Frank offers the procedure of lipid apheresis for disturbances of fat metabolism as well as severe drug-resistant cases of hypercholesterolemia (high blood lipids) with serious vascular damage. An extracorporeal blood purification process adsorbs blood fat components.
In addition, Nephrocare Starnberg is a diabetological practice specialising in the treatment of patients with all forms of diabetes mellitus and their complications.
For more information visit Prof. Dr Helga Frank’s website.
- 1984 to 1990: Human Medicine studies in Regensburg and Würzburg
- Dissertation on the topic of “New medicinal therapy for cardiac insufficiency) under Prof. Dr G. Ertl, at the University of Würzburg
- Internal nephrological training and scientific work in the Department of Cardiology at the Nuremberg Hospital as well as in the 4th Medical Hospital, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Habilitation on the topic of “Cardiovascular consequences in the case of renal failure”; University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Continuation of clinical nephrological-hypertensiological work and research at the rechts der Isar Hospital, Technical University of Munich
- Since April 2016: Medical management of Nephrocare Starnberg GmbH
Prof. Dr Hans-Paul Schobel
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Hypertensiology DHL
Dr Agnes Wildenauer
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Diabetology BLAEK
- Dr Stefan Kiefersauer
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetology DDG
- Dr Marianne Breitenbach
Specialist in Internal Medicine, Diabetology BLAEK
|Munich Central Station||27 km|
|Munich Airport||65 km|
Information about StarnbergMORE
Benefits programme on site
Ingolstadt Village, one of nine European Chic Outlet Shopping® villages, is less than an hour from Munich and offers visitors a luxurious outlet shopping experience.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.