PRIMO MEDICO has set itself the goal of merging a variety of medical specialists in Germany, Austria and Switzerland together in an interdisciplinary network. Leading doctors and hospitals appear together to give a face to the upstanding medicine in German-speaking countries.
A medical advisory board has been established to achieve this goal and to ensure the quality of the network in the long term. The medical advisory board advises the executive board of PRIMO MEDICO GmbH in the further development of the network, especially in the establishment of department-specific guidelines for the admission of new members (e.g. new qualifications, colleague acceptance, etc.), and also in the selection of community service projects, which PRIMO MEDICO GmbH promotes. The medical advisory boards also write scientific articles that are addressed to the patient and are generally comprehensible.
The PRIMO MEDICO team is proud to have gained the following specialists as medical advisory boards and we would like to thank you for that!
Prof. Dr Daniel M. Aebersold
Radiation therapy & radiooncology
As one of the leading providers of radiotherapy, we combine the highest quality with optimal individual care of our patients.
Dr Keihan Ahmadi-Simab
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology
DR. MED. KEIHAN AHMADI-SIMAB is a specialist in rheumatology and clinical immunology, a specialist in gastroenterology and is the medical director of the Klinikum Stephansplatz in Hamburg.
Prof. Dr Christoph M. Bamberger
Prevention / diagnostics
The Medical Prevention Centre Hamburg is one of the leading preventive medicine facilities in Germany.
Prof. Dr Helmut Bertalanffy
Prof. Dr Helmut Bertalanffy MD is a specialist for neurosurgery and the director of Vascular Neurosurgery at the International Neuroscience Institute in Hanover.
The website of Dr Bertalanffy can be found here.
Dr Detlev R. H. Breyer
DR BREYER is one of the innovators in eye surgery. His speciality is the promotion and development of minimally invasive techniques. For example, he was one of the first ten specialists in the world to routinely apply the RELEX SMILE solution, promoting it internationally. He was also one of the first 5 Europeans to routinely use a laser for cataract surgery.
Prof. Dr Christian Breymann MD
Gynaecology and Obstetrics and Foeto-maternal / perinatal medicine
PROF. DR. MED. Hans-Peter Bruch
Dr HANS-PETER BRUCH is director emeritus of the University Hospital of Schleswig-Holstein and served as president of the Professional Association of German Surgeons. He is well known for his commitment in various professional medical associations.
Prof. Dr Mihai A. Constantinescu
Plastic and aesthetic surgery
Prof. Dr MIHAI A. CONSTANTINESCU MD is a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery and senior consultant and co-director at the University Clinic for Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the Bern University Hospital.
- Blepharoplasty, facelifts, and ear/nose corrections
- Breast reconstruction, breast reduction, and breast augmentation
- Breast, abdomen, and thigh lift
- Gynecomastia correction
- Bone grafting, tendon and muscle transfers
- Nerve reconstructions
Further information about Dr Mihai A. Constantinescu MD can be found here.
Prof. Dr Roberto Corti
As a leading establishment in the field of the innovative treatment of cardiac conditions, we use the promising techniques of modern invasive cardiology.
Prim G.-Prof. Dr univ Klaus Dittrich
Professor Primarius Klaus Dittrich, MD, PhD works as a bariatric surgery specialist, running his private practice at the Rudolfinerhaus Private Hospital in Vienna.
Prof. Dr Bernhard Dorweiler
Prof. Dr med. Bernhard Dorweiler, is a specialist in vascular surgery and head of the department of vascular surgery of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery with the Medical University of Mainz.
- Open and endovascular therapy of the aorta (main arteries)
- Open and endovascular therapy of the visceral arteries (abdominal arteries)
- Revascularisation in case of peripheral arterial occlusive disease (e.g. a diabetic foot (a pedal bypass))
- Reconstruction of the supra aortic vessels (carotid artery, e.g., carotid stenosis)
- Dialysis access surgery (AV fistula, Demers catheter)
- Vein surgery
For further information on Prof. Dr med. Bernhard Dorweiler, please click here.
Prof. Dr Martin Engelhardt
Prof. Engelhardt’s team treats injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system and performs inpatient and outpatient procedures in the context of both emergency and standard care.
Dr Mirjam Faulenbach
DR MIRJAM FAULENBACH is a specialist in endocrinology at the hormone centre of the Hirslanden Clinic Zurich, which she founded. In close cooperation with specialists and consultants from other disciplines, she treats outpatients and inpatients with a holistic approach.
Prof. Dr Ingo Fietze
The Medical Sleep Centre at Charité is an accredited sleep laboratory that interdisciplinary diagnoses and treats all forms of insomnia.
Prof. Dr Jürg Grünenfelder
Personal care and the use of the latest technology for minimally invasive surgery are pivotal for us. We guide you smoothly through the preparation for surgery and also during your postoperative care. We will advise you about any queries.
Univ.-Prof. Dr Marcus Hacker
In the Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine, one of the largest and most efficient nuclear medicine departments in Europe, all conventional nuclear medicine procedures are provided.
Prof Dr Ralph Hertel
Shoulder and elbow surgery
The team at the University Department of Radiology provides gentle testing methods for rapid diagnosis of health issues.
Univ-Prof Dr Dr K. Rainer Kimmig
Gynecologic Oncology and Breast Cancer
After inspection by an international panel of experts, Essen University Gynaecology Clinic has been named one of thirteen centres of oncological excellence in Germany.
Prof Dr Wolfram T. Knoefel, FACS
PD Dr Ralf A. Kockro
Our core competences are in minimally invasive operation methods, which are employed in sensitive areas of the brain, skull base and spinal cord.
Prof Dr Dr J. Thomas Lambrecht
Oral surgery & Implant surgery
We offer the entire range of surgical procedures and specialise in implantology. We provide individual care during your outpatient visit, with specially trained staff and ultramodern infrastructure.
Dr Daniel Lonic
Plastic and aesthetic surgery
Asst Lect. Dr Josef Oswald, FEAPU
His emphases include malformations of the urogenital tract, including bladder exstrophy and recurrent urinary tract infections.
Dr med. Markus Preis
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr med. Markus Preis, is a Specialist in foot surgery and a co-owner and a Leading Physician of the Joint Orthopaedic Practice at the HELIOS Aukamm-Klinik (Clinic). The treatment specialisations of Dr Preis encompass foot surgery, ankle joint endoprosthetics, as well as orthopaedic and rheumatic surgery on hand and foot.
- Hallux valgus, Hallux rigidus
- Toe deformities (such as: hammer and claw toes)
- Pes valgus / flat foot
- Heel pain, Achilles tendon complaints
- Arthrosis of the upper ankle joint, endoprosthetics of the upper ankle joint
- Rheumatic orthopaedics (hand and foot)
Special additional qualifications:
- Specialist knowledge of digital volume tomography (DVT)
- Additional qualification: radiology of the skeleton
- D.A.F. (Deutsche Assoziation für Fuß und Sprunggelenk, German Association for Foot and Ankle Surgery) Certificate for "Foot Surgery"
- Additional Qualification: Sports Medicine
- Additional qualification: Chirotherapy
For further information on Dr med. Markus Preis, click here.
PD Dr André Reitz
Under his leadership, the clinic is able to offer the patients with the full range of conservative and surgical therapies besides individually adapted therapies.
Dr Matthias Riedl
Diabetology and Nutritional Medicine
Dr. med. Matthias Riedl is a specialist in diabetology and managing director and medical director of medicum Hamburg GmbH.
Prof. Dr Robert Rosenberg, FACS
All three locations (Liestal, Bruderholz, and Laufen) offer world-class medical treatment across the entire range of general surgery with special attention to personal care.
Prof Dr Rudolf Schabus
We will provide you with all the preliminary examination, diagnostic and treatment options in the field of sports traumatology at our modern private hospital in Vienna.
Prof Dr Jürg Schmidli
Patients with vascular disease often display highly complex diseases, and these are treated by the competence team headed by Prof. Schmidli with expertise and technical skills to the highest possible standards of excellence.
Dr Thomas Stark
Ear, nose and throat medicine
Prof Dr Michael Tamm
As the largest university lung clinic in Switzerland, we cover the entire range of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in this area. Our sleep laboratory is one of the leading ones worldwide.
Univ.-Prof. Dr Christian-Friedrich Vahl
University Prof. Dr Christian Friedrich Vahl is a specialist in cardiac surgery and Director of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at the University Medical Centre of Mainz.
- Complex aortic surgery (aorta = main artery, e.g. replacement of the main artery, therapy for aortic aneurysms, large stenoses/constrictions, PAOD of the major abdominal vessels)
- Aortic valve reconstruction, minimally invasive aortic valve surgery (MIS-AVR), heart valve replacement
- Minimally invasive bypass operations (MIDCAB), open bypass operations for coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Heart insufficiency surgery with heart chamber reconstruction
- Rhythm surgery (e.g. in cases of an AV block, tachycardic rhythm disturbances)
- Children's heart surgery in cases of congenital heart defects
- Secondary surgery
- Scholar of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation
- Scholar at Colegio Mayor "Diego de Covarrubias" at the Complutense University of Madrid.
- The Ernst-Derra Prize of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Board of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (DGTHG)
- President of the German Society of Surgery
- Admitted to the European Academy of Sciences and Arts
Further information about University Prof. Dr Christian-Friedrich Vahl can be found here.
Prof Dr Dr Victor Valderrabano, MD PhD
In close interdisciplinary collaboration with other medical specialists, the Orthopaedic-Traumatology Department of the Basel Pain Clinic makes pain reduction, increased movement, increased physical capability and better quality of life possible for patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions.
Univ-Prof Dr Dr Thomas J. Vogl
The Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology has set itself the goal of quality-assured radiological care to the highest scientific standard.
Dr Till Wagner
Pain therapy and palliative medicine
DR TILL WAGNER is a specialist in pain therapy and Practice Owner of the Euregio Pain Centre as well as Chief Physician at the Clinic for Pain and Palliative Medicine at the Rhine-Meuse Clinic in Würselen near Aachen.
- Invasive procedures (Therapeutic and diagnostic local anaesthesia, catheterisation procedures)
- Non-invasive drug therapy
- Neuromodulation (SCS implantation, intrathecal drug administration)
- Neurolytic procedures, local therapy for neuropathic pain
- Pain treatment and practising procedures, psychological stabilisation, behavioural therapy
- Complementary methods (acupuncture, TENS, EMS, laser therapy, high frequency therapy)
- German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (DGAI), member of the DGAI "Emergency Medicine" working group
- Association of German Anaesthetists (BDA)
- German Society for Pain Therapy (DGS)
- German Society for the Study of Pain (DGSS), member of the "Tumour Pain Therapy" working group
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- German Society for Palliative Medicine (DGP)
- The German Spinal Column Society (DWG)
Further information about Dr Till Wagner can be found here.
Prof Dr Damien C. Weber
Radiation therapy & radiooncology
Using the spot scanning technique developed at the Centre for Proton Therapy, deep tumours can be accurately irradiated with protons, thereby optimally protecting the surrounding healthy tissue.
PD Dr Christian Weissenberger
Radiation therapy & radiooncology
PD Dr med. Christian Weißenberger is a specialist in radiation therapy and radio-oncology. Together with his colleague, Dr med. Adrian Staab, he founded the ultra-modern centre for radiotherapy in Freiburg in the Autumn of 2012. Together, they offer the complete range of radiation therapy and radio-oncology at the highest level in their team of specialist physicians and medical physicists.
- Radiotherapy of tumour diseases
- Radiotherapy for inflammatory joint diseases
- Radiotherapy for the prevention of soft tissue calcification
- High-precision radiation/intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT, VMAT)
- Lung-protecting breath-controlled radiotherapy (breath gating)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
More information about PD Dr med. Christian Weißenberger can be found here.
Dr Hans-Rudolf Weiß
Patients with spinal curvature receive a general orthopaedic consultation and treatment with corrective trunk orthosis from Dr. Weiß.
Univ-Prof. Dr Peter A. Winkler
The range of services of the University Neurosurgery Clinic includes the entire spectrum of neurosurgical procedures.