Information about Prof Dr Dietrich Baumgart
- Coronary heart disease (vascular diagnostics, coronary vessels, cardiac catheter examinations, balloon dilatation and stent implantations)
- Cardiac insufficiency (diagnosis and treatment)
- Valvular heart defects
- Arteriosclerosis treatment
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Basic cardiological medical examinations
- Vascular diagnosis
- Spiromety (lung function test)
- Lactate tests
- Bioimpedance measurement
- Comprehensive laboratory diagnostics (blood, stool and urine)
- Ergometry and spiroergometry
- Long-term recording of blood pressure and ECG
- Heart rate variability measurement
- Ultrasound, 4D sonography
- Whole-body MRT
- Magnetoresonance tomography (MRT)
- Display of coronary blood vessels and atherosclerosis with heart CT (if indicated)
- Food intolerances / allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Capsule endoscopy
- Metabolic disorders, fatty degeneration of the liver
- Interdisciplinary check-up / different check-up programs
- Basic check (internist): Anamnesis (interview and evaluation of medical questionnaires), physical examination and blood pressure measurement, laboratory tests, pulmonary function test, exercise ECG, resting ECG, measurement of vascular elasticity, determination of body fat and body water, ultrasound examinations (abdominal organs, heart, thyroid, and carotid artery), examination of the intraocular pressure (glaucoma screening/Green Star), eye test, detailed findings and final interview, written report of findings
- Basic check plus: Anamnesis (interview and evaluation of medical questionnaires), physical examination and blood pressure measurement, laboratory tests, pulmonary function test, exercise ECG, resting ECG, measurement of vascular elasticity, determination of body fat and body water, ultrasound examinations (abdominal organs, heart, thyroid, and carotid artery), examination of the intraocular pressure (glaucoma screening/Green Star), eye test, two MRI scans of choice, detailed findings and final interview, written report of findings
- Compact check: Anamnesis (interview and evaluation of medical questionnaires), physical examination and blood pressure measurement, laboratory tests, pulmonary function test, exercise ECG, resting ECG, measurement of vascular elasticity, determination of body fat and body water, ultrasound examinations (thyroid and carotid artery), examination of the intraocular pressure (glaucoma screening/Green Star), eye test, MRI investigations, detailed findings and final interview, written report of findings
- Individual check: Basic check-up with internistic focus, orientation meeting, optional services from medicine and prevention
- Medicine: Various MRI examinations, physical performance diagnostics, urology check, skin checks, brain performance test, memory test
- Prevention: Nutrition for performers, active prevention of burnout, healthy sleep, personal training, autogenous training, mindfulness training, metabolic balance consulting
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Cardiac catheter examinations and stent implantations
- Blood pressure therapy and rhythm analysis
- Arteriosclerosis treatment
- Treatment for fatty liver
- CT-controlled injection therapy for back pains
- Cardiac insufficiency treatment
- Atrial fibrillation treatment
- Innovative diabetes treatment
- Infusion therapies
Prof. Dietrich Baumgart is a specialist in cardiology and internal medicine in the Preventicum Center, a joint practice for individualized medicine in Essen, Germany.
Professor Baumgart specializes in vascular diagnostics and the treatment of coronary heart disease (arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, cardiac catheter examinations, balloon dilatation and stent implantations), cardiac insufficiency (diagnostics and treatment), valvular heart defects and cardiomyopathy.
The Preventicum Center is one of the leading medical diagnosis and treatment centers in Germany. A team of internationally renowned professors and specialist consultants offers medical diagnosis and treatment to the highest standards. To ensure that even complex clinical pictures can be reliably and accurately diagnosed and treated, the competence center has an interdisciplinary setup. This range of disciplines includes internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, gastroenterology, nephrology and diabetes consultations.
Our offering is tailored to the individual requirements of each patient and is designed to offer patients the highest possible level of confidence and reliability. A full check-up is possible within four hours. The private clinic's state-of-the-art equipment includes a 4D ultrasound device as well as the latest equipment for early detection of vascular damage (elasticity of the vessels) and all equipment required for internal/cardiological examinations. We also offer high-end technology in the form of an in-house MRT and low-dose CT unit. Cardiac catheter examinations and stent implantations are performed in the facilities of Essen University Hospital. As a center for performance diagnosis, we can perform ergospirometry testing (optionally on a treadmill or bicycle ergometer) to test your performance capacity.
If any further tests become necessary in other specialist disciplines, Professor Baumgart is in direct contact with a network of highly specialized experts and professors who can quickly and reliably find a solution for your medical needs.
In addition to his medical practice, Professor Baumgart has published numerous specialist publications, is the co-editor of medical reference books and also acts as an expert assessor. He was appointed as a member of the European Society of Cardiology and is also a member of the scientific advisory board of the International Society of Applied Preventive Medicine.
You can view the website of Prof. Baumgart here.
|Since 2003||Medical Director and Managing Director of the Preventicum Center of Individualized Medicine|
|2001-2002||Head of the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at University Hospital Essen|
|1997-2002||Senior Physician, Cardiology Clinic, University Hospital Essen (Prof. Erbel)|
|1998-1999||Acting director of the internal/interdisciplinary intensive station of the Medical Clinic|
|1993-1997||Assistant Physician, Cardiology Clinic, University Hospital Essen (Prof. Erbel)|
|1990-1993||Assistant Physician, Department for Pathophysiology, University Hospital Essen (Prof. Heusch)|
|1989-1990||Internship, Clinic for Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Cologne (Prof. de Vivie)|
|1982-1989||Studied at the Medical University of Hanover (MHH), with integrated studies abroad at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., as a DAAD scholarship holder|
Examinations and titles:
|02/2000||Habilitation (postdoctoral thesis) subject: "Alpha-adrenergic coronary vasoconstriction and myocardial ischemia"|
|05/2000||Appointment as university lecturer (C2)|
|09/1999||Recognition of the additional designation 'Internal X-ray diagnostics'|
|06/1999||Recognition of the focus 'Cardiology'|
|06/1997||Approval as a specialist for internal medicine|
|11/1989||Conferral of doctorate, subject: "Surgical Treatment of the Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome"|
Dr. med. Thomas Zadow-Eulerich
General Partner; Specialist in Radiology
Dr. med. Benno Schulze Schleppinghoff
Specialist in Internal Medicine, Diabetology DDG
Dr. med. Simone Münkel
Specialist in General Medicine DAE/DGEM, nutritionist, depth-oriented/psychologically-based talking therapy
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Thomas Philipp
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Hypertensiology DHL
PD Dr. med. Philipp Hilgard
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
Prof. Dr. med. Frank Ulrich
Specialist in Neurosurgery and Neurology
At the Preventicum Center you can enjoy your diagnosis session in an exclusive atmosphere. As an additional service, we are also happy to offer exclusive accommodation options (we work with up to 6-star hotels), interpreters and companions for your stay who understand your culture and can, where required, also help you with all aspects of planning your stay.
|Essen Central Station||7 km|
|Düsseldorf Central Station||29 km|
|Düsseldorf Airport||22 km|
Information about EssenMORE
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
Excelsior Hotel Ernst Köln
The Excelsior Hotel Ernst is one of the last privately owned luxury hotels in the world. Family-owned since 1863, the 5 star luxury hotel fascinates guests from around the world. As the only member of the Leading Hotels of the World in Cologne, the Excelsior Hotel Ernst combines stylish tradition with modernity.
Lufthansa Mobility Partner
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and brussels airlines.
Professional Aviation Solutions
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.
Prof Dr Dietrich Baumgart
Preventicum – Center of Excellence for Individualized Medicine
Theodor-Althoff-Straße 47, D-45133 Essen
By appointment only
Monday - Friday from 7.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.