Neurosurgeon Frankfurt: PD Dr Barth
- Microsurgery of brain tumours
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring
- Vascular neurosurgery (brain aneurysms, other vascular anomalies)
- Microsurgical operations of the entire spinal column in case of
- disc prolapse
- spinal stenosis
- Stabilisations of the entire spinal column in case of
- tumour diseases
Range of Diagnostic Services
- Modern MRI, fMRI, fibre tracking and CT, PET if required
- All aspects of intraoperative neuromonitoring (MEP, SEP, DWave) and mapping (cortical, subcortical, spinal cord, cranial nerves) as well as awake craniotomy
- Intraoperative Diagnostics: Fluorescence staining of tumours (5-ALA), near-infrared ICG fluorescence angiography
- Intraoperative vascular Doppler for vascular interventions
- The Clinic for Neurology provides access to all neurological diagnostic procedures (EMG, NLG, AEP, MEP, SEP, VEP, EEG, and long-term EEG).
- The Clinic for Neuroradiology provides access to modern digital 3D subtraction angiography
Range of Therapeutic Services
- Minimally invasive microsurgical removal of brain tumours, including the base of the skull (e.g. meningiomas, metastases, gliomas, neurinomas, pituitary adenomas, and others) under permanent intraoperative neuromonitoring.
- Minimally invasive microsurgical removal of tumours while the patient is awake (e.g. when the tumour is close to the speech centre).
- Minimally invasive microsurgical surgery of cerebrovascular diseases (e.g. aneurysms, cavernomas, angiomas, or dura fistulas)
- Microvascular decompression according to Jannetta (e.g. in the case of trigeminal neuralgia)
- Minimally invasive microsurgical removal of cerebral haemorrhages
- Application of a cerebrospinal fluid shunt in the case of hydrocephalus
- Treatment of skull and brain injuries (e.g. haemorrhaging, cerebrospinal fluid fistulas, gunshot wounds, and skull reconstructions with CAD implants)
Spinal Column Region
- Microsurgical removal of herniated discs of the entire spinal column either from behind (dorsal) or from the front (ventral).
- Microsurgical relief of a narrowing of the spinal canal (spinal canal stenosis).
- Stabilisation of congenital or acquired vertebral slippage (spondylolisthesis).
- Stabilisation of vertebral fractures and vertebral destruction (e.g. after injuries or tumour diseases) in the area of the entire spine (from dorsal or ventral).
- Microsurgical removal of pathologies within the spinal canal and spinal cord (e.g. meningiomas, neurinomas, metastases, astrocytomas, and cavernomas) under permanent intraoperative neuromonitoring.
- Spinal cord stimulation for pain therapy
About PD Dr Martin Barth
PD Dr Martin Barth is Chief Physician at the Neurosurgical Clinic at the Frankfurt Hospital. Together, with him as a specialist and his team, the surgery center offers almost the entire spectrum of modern neurosurgery. Medical focus is placed on surgical treatment of diseases in the fields of neurooncology, spine surgery, neurovascular surgery, and emergency care.
Neurosurgery Specialist With Many Years of Experience
During his education at the University Hospitals of Mannheim and Bochum as well as at numerous national and international advanced training courses, PD Dr Martin Barth has acquired considerable experience and skills. Therefore, he offers medical treatment at highest standards.
Neurooncology: Precise Surgery of Brain Tumours and Metastases with Neuronavigation
In the field of neurooncology, PD Dr Barth has operated a large number of tumours. Regularly, he uses all currently available modern techniques such as neuronavigation with integrated fibre tracking, intraoperative monitoring, and fluorescence-based intraoperative tumour detection. For him, the goals of a tumour operation are both the complete removal of the tumour as well as the complete protection of brain functions. Therapeutic concepts are discussed individually and in detail at regular interdisciplinary conferences.
Spine Surgery: Safety Increase Through Microsurgical Procedures
In addition, PD Dr Barth is experienced in the field of spine surgery and masters a work spectrum ranging from microsurgical disc operations to complex dorsal, ventral or combined stabilisation surgeries. In recognition of his qualifications, he was awarded the Master Certificate by the German Spine Society. On a scientific level, he has made considerable contributions to one of the largest prospectively randomised spine studies to date. He has contributed to many publications in international journals as either main or co-author.
Neurovascular Surgery: Great Expertise in Brain Aneurysms and Cerebrovascular Diseases
Another clinical and scientific focus of PD Dr Barth is placed on neurovascular surgery. Here, too, he has many years of experience in surgical treatments of burst and accidentally discovered aneurysms as well as other vascular diseases. Modern treatment concepts require the increasing use of interventional/endovascular techniques. If treatment is necessary, the optimal treatment strategy for each individual patient is determined with the neurovascular team (neurosurgery/neuroradiology) in order to ensure effective and safe treatment.
|1994-2000||Studied medicine in Heidelberg, Mannheim and Vienna|
|2000-2006||Assistant physician at the Neurosurgical Clinic of the University Hospital Mannheim|
|2006||Recognition of the title Specialist for Neurosurgery|
|2007-2010||Senior Physician at the Neurosurgical Clinic of the University Hospital Mannheim|
|2010-2013||Head Senior Physician at the Neurosurgical Clinic of the University Hospital Mannheim|
|2013-2017||Head Senior Physician at the Neurosurgical Clinic of the University Hospital Bochum|
|Seit 2017||Chief Physician of the Clinic for Neurosurgery at Frankfurt Höchst Clinic|
- Dr Stefan Grossauer, MBA
Head Senior Physician
- Venus Baba, Doctor of Medicine
Managing Senior Physician
- 1-bed and 2-bed rooms with TV, telephone, and radio
- Service employee for elective service patients
- Social service with preparation and organisation of follow-up rehabilitations or spa stays
- Psycho-oncological care
- Multi-storey car park at the clinic
|Frankfurt (Main) Airport||9 km|
|Frankfurt am Main Central Station||14 km|
Information About Frankfurt
Frankfurt is one of the most important financial centres in Germany and Europe. With its skyscrapers unique in Europe, Frankfurt rises above the Main on an area of approximately 243 square kilometres and at its centre accommodates about 700.000 inhabitants. Frankfurt was officially mentioned for the first time in 794 and played a decisive role during the imperial age. Much of the city was destroyed by bombing in World War II by the Allies. The historic old town, however, is preserved, just as its culturally important role in Europe. Today the old town is a tourist magnet that repeatedly attracts visitors from all over the world.
Benefits Programme on Site
PRIMO MEDICO is an accredited partner of Lufthansa Health & Medical. Benefit as a member or user of PRIMO MEDICO from special terms that provide you and your travelling companion with discounts on a variety of fares offered by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines.
Wertheim Village, a special kind of luxury outlet, is nestled in the picturesque vineyards of Franconia. With over 110 designer boutiques, Wertheim Village offers reductions of up to 60% compared to the previously recommended retail price.
Experience magical moments: With the highest visitor numbers and payout rates, the Wiesbaden Casino is number one at the Rhine-Main region. So you should definitely plan a trip to one of the most beautiful casinos in Europe. Enjoy the stylish ambience and the thrills. Wheather a classic game or Vegas flair at the slot machines. You can look forward to an unforgettable evening.
Agent CS creates space so that you can concentrate on your most important tasks - an innovative service agency which uses existing networks in a wide variety of areas to provide you with a solution customised for you.
The Falkenstein Grand Kempinski is a 5-star-superior hotel not far from the pulsating Main metropolis in the heart of the Taunus. It is surrounded by a 6-ha park and a breath-taking skyline view of Frankfurt. Built in 1909 by order of Emperor Wilhelm II, the historical villa-complex featuring 112 rooms, suites, apartments, and a penthouse offers patients the necessary peace of mind, perfect comfort, service, and culinary delights.
A place that inspires the imagination and stimulates creativity. A revelation of burlesque elegance in the heart of the buzzing metropolis of Frankfurt.
The Villa Rothschild Kempinski is a historical 5-star hotel not far from Frankfurt am Main. It boasts a view far beyond the historical castle of Kronberg and offers patients who require appropriate medical treatment a place of rest and relaxation.
Professional Aviation Solutions is a young, motivated team of experienced aircraft charter experts, which collaborates with only the most reputable airlines.